Sign in to follow this  
msmoodyr

For those that brought decor down with them

We carried everything down in suitcases. Because of our booking date we had 2 checked bags free so my parents brought an extra bag for us. On the way back they left before we did and took several of the suitcases so we didn't have as much to take on our return flight.

Keep in mind how expensive it is if you go over your weight allowance, you don't want to be over the weight limit and trying to repack your bags while checking in lol.

I am going to try my best to just put everything in suitcases and may give some stuff to my older sister to carry should I go over weight or just feel overwhelmed. I don't have much just some decor items and a little bit of OOT items w/ bags (for now but may add more OOT stuff).

I am traveling Air canada and they allow two checked bags and one carry on. Checked bags can not exceed 50lbs each so that gives us a 100 lbs each.... Their are five people leaving from my house. So I think I am fine with the weight. I am bring receipts for the stuff. I am hoping my MIL and kids can bring back my extra bags. We have large and medium bags so they fit into each other. Good luck gals... I am leaving Jan 27th I will update as soon as I return.

Thanks to the advice of other brides on this site I have started saving receipts. Some have said you can even make your own receipts if you have lost any - they don't check that closely!

wait I'm a little confused. If you pack everything in a suitcase, will you still have trouble w/ customs?

I guess you should be prepared w/ receipts either way, but just curious if that's what you all were getting at..

I didn't bring alot of stuff but I just packed it into 3 different carry on suitcases and got a couple family members to bring one each. It was really easy (though I was worried about it like crazy before haha)

Also, be careful with bringing sand into or out of your destination. I know I've heard other brides say that Mexico is a little crazy with sand entering or leaving the country. Again, if you have a receipt you'll be ok. Or I bet if you wrapped your sand ceremony items really well they may not even get a second glace if they're packed away.