Photo

Catholic Brides - Program & Mass Selection

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

I contacted Padre Juve for the first time at the end of January. We had the paperwork done and the mass scheduled by early March. So, the process took just over a month. This was fairly accelerated because we made it our top priority to take care of all church requirement in the US as soon as possible. I'm not sure about your church, but we had to attend a couple's weekend, counseling with our Deacon, tons of paperwork, a natural family planning course, etc. Our frantic pace was exhausting. This was necessary in order for our church here in Texas to write all the required letters to Padre Juve and the Bishop in La Paz. For ease of mind, I had our church mail AND e-mail all letters that were sent to Mexico. Padre Juve was comfortable with this and scheduled our mass as soon as he received the e-mail versions from our church here in Texas. All letters from our church were sent in English. Spanish translation was NOT necessary. I hope this helps!
    MariaElena - 10/28/06
    Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#12 MAGUILLON

MAGUILLON
    • 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:36 PM

MariaElena,

You are officially the Catholic wedding expert now! :-)

Maria

#13 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
      • 402 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

I do my best!
        MariaElena - 10/28/06
        Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#14 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:08 PM

Yes that helps alot, thank you...now I have tons of work to do it's a little stressful, I had already contacted Padre Juve and he didnt really have much to say just sent me the address of where the paper work needs to go...hopefully I will get this all done I only have 5 months....ahhhhhhhh

#15 marytete1

marytete1
          • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

Hello-

When did you do the legal cermony? Do you have any pictures of the church?

We really want to have it in the Catholic church so any info you can send would be greatly appreciated-I sent an email to Fr already so I'm awaiting his response-

Thanks again-

#16 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
            • LocationToronto

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by marytete1
            Hello-

When did you do the legal cermony? Do you have any pictures of the church?

We really want to have it in the Catholic church so any info you can send would be greatly appreciated-I sent an email to Fr already so I'm awaiting his response-

Thanks again-

We're planning on doing our legal ceremony in Toronto about a week before we actually go to Cabo. I just don't want to deal with the bloodwork there and the extra hassle. I have some pics of the church on my home computer, so I'll post them when I get back tonight :) We're getting married there next year too, so if you have any other questions let me know.

#17 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

I'm getting married there in 7 weeks. We are doing the civil ceremony in the U.S. first about a month before. You can see photos of the church at Cabomission.com - Welcome to the website of the Parish of San Jose del Cabo

#18 sassybride

sassybride
            • Banned
            • 294 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

We are getting married there in October. We got all the paper work done here and our priest sent it off...Padre Juvencio will send you an email with all the details of what you need to do. It was very easy for us. Now all that's left to do is get a blood test when we arrive. Our WC is arranging all that for us and the Dr doing the test will be coming to our room.
              Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#19 marytete1

marytete1
              • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hello-

Do you guys have a number to contact the priest? I left a few emails and still haven't heard anything back-

Is the church close to the airport? It looks like a beautiful church-thanks for all the help-

Mary T

#20 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

Mision de Las Palmas de San Jose A±uiti
                Across from Plaza Mijares in downtown San Jose del Cabo
                Padre (Father) Juvencio Gonz¡lez
                English Mass: Sunday at 12 Noon