Jump to content

Photo

Invitations..


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

    Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

    Is anyone not doing invitations. Amos and I are disagreeing about this. He thinnks that since we sent out save the dates, we don't need to send invites out, and we will know who is coming when they book the room.....

    #2 Martha

    Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

      Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

      Are you asking people to respond on the STD? If not, I think you should do invitations. Invitations generally include a response card, so you know who is coming.

      If, you are asking people to respond on the STD, then you may not have to.

      OR. To save money, just send invitations to people you know are coming. I think the majority of us are sending out reception cards, accomodations and response cards with our invitations, so you will need to take these in to consideration also.

      Did I make sense....I felt like I was just going round and round. lol

      #3 MsShelley

      MsShelley

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

        Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Just Martha
        Are you asking people to respond on the STD? If not, I think you should do invitations. Invitations generally include a response card, so you know who is coming.

        If, you are asking people to respond on the STD, then you may not have to.

        OR. To save money, just send invitations to people you know are coming. I think the majority of us are sending out reception cards, accomodations and response cards with our invitations, so you will need to take these in to consideration also.

        Did I make sense....I felt like I was just going round and round. lol
        makes total sense to me, but try explaining that to a man!!

        #4 Spazz

        Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

          Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

          I was just about to post the same question. I was talking to 2 of my sisters today and they said there is no need to send out invitations because when I sent out my STDs, they said the book with our travel agent/wedding coordinator by a cut-off date (which is about 3 months before the wedding). I have a list from her of everyone that is coming. So by the time I would normally send out invitations, I will already know who is definitely coming. What do you all think I should do?

          #5 cessyboston

          cessyboston
          • VIP Member
          • 2,096 posts

            Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

            maybe then just a nice welcome letter should be fine....
            Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

            #6 RaydensMama

            RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

              Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

              If you already know who all is coming I agree that a welcome letter would be sufficient. You should atleast send something to keep them in contact with whats going on.

              #7 MsShelley

              MsShelley

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

                Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by lizz10179
                I was just about to post the same question. I was talking to 2 of my sisters today and they said there is no need to send out invitations because when I sent out my STDs, they said the book with our travel agent/wedding coordinator by a cut-off date (which is about 3 months before the wedding). I have a list from her of everyone that is coming. So by the time I would normally send out invitations, I will already know who is definitely coming. What do you all think I should do?
                same here~ I sent out the STD's with a little card that said book online here, and then invitations that repeat everything that is already said or after guests have already booked, is now seeming pointless!!

                #8 -Kate-

                -Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

                  Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

                  If you are trying to save money it doesn't sound like you need the invites. But if it's not a money issue, I'd do it. I LOVE the formality of the actual invite - it's like a mini gift! I'm also a paper product whore so I love anything like that.

                  #9 MsShelley

                  MsShelley

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

                    Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LALA
                    If you are trying to save money it doesn't sound like you need the invites. But if it's not a money issue, I'd do it. I LOVE the formality of the actual invite - it's like a mini gift! I'm also a paper product whore so I love anything like that.
                    I know~ I'm torn, I found these great invitations that my friend and I were going to make! I just eally want to make them, they are adorable!

                    #10 starchild

                    starchild

                      Moderator

                    • Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

                      Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:32 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by beachbride
                      I know~ I'm torn, I found these great invitations that my friend and I were going to make! I just eally want to make them, they are adorable!
                      Well I say make them then! I sent out std's, a second std reminder, and formal invitations. I also loved designing and sending out formal invitations though because there are few occasions where you can do that so I had fun with it. The cool thing about a DW is you can break tradition, but it sounds like you want to make those invites so why not?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users