• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010
    Do you happen to know if they count that as part of your alcohol limit when you come back to the states? I don't mind buying it down there is it doesn't count as part of my limit!

Thanks for you help!
    Jennifer

It does count towardss your alcohol count here in Canada, so I can only imagine its the same for the U.S! If you bring your mamajuana back, maybe a non drinker would bring your alcohol back for you (the non-mamajuana stuff)... just an idea :)
    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#22 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
    • 657 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, I kinda thought it did. I will have to see who is willing to bring back one or the other for me.
      Cory & Jennifer
      March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#23 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
      • 657 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

If i am reading this right it looks like these people sale it pre made for 30$ a bottle
        Republik Mamajuana

Is that what yall are understanding from the site
        Cory & Jennifer

#24 khomac

khomac
        • 380 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010
          If i am reading this right it looks like these people sale it pre made for 30$ a bottle
          Republik Mamajuana

Is that what yall are understanding from the site
          $30 a bottle? plus shipping and taxes? What a pain!

A friend brought back 8 bottles of just rum in to Canada and claimed it all. they were polite and charged her only $69. Each bottle of rum cost $8-10. You're allowed to bring back more than your limit, you just gotta claim it and pay the taxes on it. I don't think it's much more for the Mamajuana.

I would just buy it in the DR and bring back more than you limit anyway. I don't believe they take your liquor away if you are over, only just make you pay on it.
          Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
          Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#25 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
          • 657 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

Really? I didn't know you could bring more back and just pay the tax on the over the limit stuff. If that is the case i will us pay the taxes on the alcohol. I want to set up a shot bar and was thinking about using Mamajuana for that.
            Cory & Jennifer

#26 Minerva Frias

Minerva Frias
            • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

LOVE LOVE this idea!

#27 lscilley

lscilley
              • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

That is such a great idea but I wanted to warn you guys that you are not allowed to bring the ones to make it yourself back into Canada as it is a wood product to start and then brew yourself you can only bring the actual liquid ones back. My guests lost theirs at customs because it was the make yourself ones with the wood and no one told us you can't bring it back to Canada.

#28 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
                • 330 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

I bought a bottle of the bark at a souvenier shop at the Santa Domingo airport and had no problem with it.

If its that big of a deal you can just by huge party packs of it online and then brew it at home.

#29 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                  • 546 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

Whew, we had this in the Dominican and let me tell you, it's potent! Not something I personally can drink more of than one shot!

#30 PuntaCanaBride523

PuntaCanaBride523
                    • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Did anyone end up doing this? I think it's a great idea and would like to know how much it cost. Thx!

Edited by PuntaCanaBride523, 12 July 2014 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users