Photo

Do I have to bring my future MIL dress shopping?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Sjnovot

Sjnovot
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

while it is a sweet gesture to invite her....you don't have to!

#32 katierenae

katierenae
    • 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

I don't want to take my own mother!!  LOL

I decided just my sister and I are going secretly the first time to narrow it down to like three dresses and then go back the second time with my mom and his mom to "pretend" like they helped me choose "the dress"!!  Need to brush up on my acting skills LOL

#33 katierenae

katierenae
      • 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

This is a great thread, thanks for bringing it up for discussion :)

#34 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
        • Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:32 AM

I took my sister and my mother - not his mother.  His mother is great, but we aren't 100% comfortable around each other.  This is the most important clothing purchase of my life and I needed the right level of honesty and support that only my mother and sister (who know me so well) could provide. 

My plan to include his mother was to invite her to a wedding show - but that didnt' work out as she was out of town that weekend.

#35 Lua

Lua
          • 1,231 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:57 AM

I ended up taking only my mother and my FMIL.  My mom and I are like best friends, and I get along REALLY well with my FMIL.  My FI is also one of only 2 boys, meaning she doesn't have a daughter of her own to go dress shopping with, so I thought it would be a nice gesture to invite his mom along.  The 3 of us had a great time and I bought my dress that first shopping trip out! :)

#36 magirl

magirl
            • 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

I can't even imagine,, thankfully she lives in another country, not that she;s not a very nice woman, but she would get me flusterd in no time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users