Sign in to follow this  
dyanh

Martha Stewart

They are so confusing. I mean, if you're paying for a reception, why should you pay for tables and all that? Just saying. A touch frustrating, no? :)

I'm still hoping on the a la carte and using the ceremony flowers and some extras for the tables. If we do get one of the packages I would hope to do the same, and use the one "decorated" table as the sweet heart table and just rearranging a bit. I just can't see paying $600 per table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLizFran View Post
Does anyone know how much the extra per table cost is...that's the only problem I have with the new collection is that even with the basic "free" option you have to pay for extra tables!
I thought the tables were free for beautiful beginnings. That is what my WC said the other day when we spoke. Its people you have to pay for if you dont have ten rooms booked for BBeginnings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich View Post
I understand that the 30th is the last day for alacarte.. but I could be wrong
I didnt even know there was a first day. My WC said no ala carte whatsoever!
I think its all ridiculous!

I think since I booked last January I should be entitled to what I was told. BUt whatever!

They couldnt tell me when I booked my stuff (because the transtion), so I am doing all alacarte... our tables are free. That was my biggest concern.. 3k for flowers for the wedding was fine but another 500 per table adds up. (with Preston Bailey a 10 person table 500- with MS its an 8 person table, but thats all that I know) . I am sure it is going to be amazing!!

I just confirmed all my a la carte options and paid for them. Sandals Regency in St. Lucia was able to accommodate all of my a la carte requests, none of which are anything like Martha Stewart. I did have to get pictures in and have everything 100% paid for prior to today (although I think that's an arbitrary deadline and they seemed willing to work with me if it extended past that).

You do have to push pretty hard, or at least I did at first, and I had to provide them pictures of what I wanted rather than them help you out by suggesting things. I had also sent an information request back in May re: flowers that wasn't responded to, so that may have had something to do with it (I.e. I argued that had they responded in a timely manner I would have already been confirmed on everything so they really couldn't be forcing me into something because of their mistake).

Re: the beautiful beginnings, one table is covered in the cost. All other tables are $100 a piece. Each table seats 8 people.

Re: the beautiful beginnings, one table is covered in the cost. All other tables are $100 a piece. Each table seats 8 people

That is ridiculous seeing that my wedding coordinator told me nothing came on those tables. So Im going to pay $100 for chairs and a table.. when before MS the tables were free with the free and basic wedding package.

Im annoyed with sandals and beaches and all their hidden costs and fees! Its annoying! Im bringing my own flowers.

Hi everyone! I am glad I read this after getting back today from vacation. I will definitly be calling my wedding coordinator & travel agent to get more details on this. future mrs2010 let me know if you learn anything new seeing that we are both probably going to be going through the same frustrations.