Photobooth rental in PDC?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
  • 279 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Does anyone know of a company that provides a photobooth service. I have seen these at a few weddings where the guests will enter a photobooth and have 4 shots taken and they simply stick it on a scrap book and sign a message. Looked more creative and fun than your standard guestbook.

Anyway if anyone has info or recommendations/reviews please let me know.

Thanks.

#2 ddk5576

ddk5576
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

I am interested in this as well! I hope someone can help us! I have searched online & haven't been successful.

#3 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
    • Vendor
    • 237 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

As far as an actual booth that spits out a strip of four photos, like this:

Denver Photo Booth :: The Premier Photo Booth Experience

No, not in PDC that I know of. If it existed I would know because I go to about 6 weddings a month here.

My friends at Stak Photography Duo in NYC do something like that without the booth:

The Swan Club NY Wedding Photography Photobooth | STAK Photographer Duo - New York and Destination Wedding Photography

It looks like they set up an area with a backdrop and lighting and invite the guests to step in for some shots. I was thinking this a great idea, especially if it's combined with video comments.

Taking a polaroid and putting them in a book with comments has been popular for several years now, and I've seen it down here. Polaroid has stopped production so the film is very rare and not available here. I did see someone try to use a point and shoot camera with a small printer that prints from the card in the camera. But it was too complicated and didn't get used. If you do this you need a person to stand there all night and take and print pictures for people.

#4 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
      • 279 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

Contacted these guys, but website says 2012

Wedding DJs in Mayan Riviera Mexico Photo Booths

#5 lalanyc

lalanyc
      • 363 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:12 AM

I wonder if it's possible to set up a little corner studio w/ rented equipment and have people take their own pics w/ say a button or whatever. My family suggested setting up a fake donkey for silly pics.... (errr, sounds funny but can you imagine!?!!). Has anyone ever seen a "do it yourself" photo studio at a wedding (instead of an actual booth)?

#6 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
        • 279 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Here is another option
        Instant Digital Camera - Polaroid

You will need a ton of batteries though as it only prints 20 photos per battery. If you go to eBay you can probably get some cheap batteries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users