BM not booked yet...

kat_mc13

So, I'm not sure if I'm over reacting, but the wedding is in 2 months and one of the BMs has not booked yet. She keeps saying she's going to do it soon, and I know it's a lot of $ to put down but now I'm starting to get worried that by the time she does book the flight will be sold out. I have a couple other people that say they are definitely coming, but have also not booked yet... I guess there's really nothing I can do about it but hope they can come...It's also sort of annoying too because I'm trying to have all the OOT bags and dinner choices and stuff planned out but can't do any of theirs until they actually book I guess.

oh no that's unacceptable. The guests you can't do much about, but the BM situation would really upset me. You are not over reacting at all. When you agree to be in someone's wedding, you are no longer a guest!! Yes it is a lot of money, but no one forced her to accept the responsibility. As much as we love our wedding party, I was very upfront about the booking "deadline" b/c I feel that with everything else going on, I should definately not be worried about BMs and GM!!!

good luck!

I know how you feel and its not acceptable. It just stresses you out. My FI's best man just booked about a week and a half/ 2 weeks ago. And our wedding is just weeks away on December 10th. My mother still has not booked and may or may not today depending on her mood although she says she will, she also does NOT have a passport. She's late for everything, I refuse to entertain her drama and have shrugged it off for my own sanity, I just stay calm and have reminded her at most twice that there are time constraints to these things won't be easy as going down to the DMV for a license or ID. And that you just can't have that time back as far as being there for my special day.

Why do people act so crazy, out of sorts, and slow when it comes to a Destination Wedding? OMG!

We have the same Wedding Date!

I too have a GM that has not booked. The only 1 left and he keeps saying he will or that he might wait last minute.

For some reason it used to really bother me, and now as rude as it sounds, I don't really care! I know that with or without him, we will have an amazing time :)

But if it were my BM, then I might feel a little differently.

thanks ladies, I just needed to vent and see if I was over reacting or not. I think I'll give her til the end of this month and then have a chat and see.

Bunny, I hope your mom books soon and gets her passport, that would be even more stressful!

Silverangel, that's so cool that we're date twins! It's coming up so soon! I definitely know what you mean about it being amazing no matter what happens though :)

No one in our wedding party has booked yet either, although ours is 5 months away. My theory is...they are invited if they don't go or have the decency to tell me...their loss. I am not going to let myself get too stressed about who goes or who doesn't. Our parents will be there and my FI that's all I care about.

If it really bothers you just ask or send a quick email reminder.

I hope that your BM books soon. She agreed to be a B< - I don't think you should worry about it. I would definitely let her know you are stressing about it., though. Is she one of those "last minute" people?

I am about 3 weeks out now. One thing I have learned through this whole DW experience, is that the people who you think you can count on - disappoint - and the people you expect to bail - book. **shrugs**. One of my friends had a DW last year about this time and told me the same thing. I didn't totally believe her until these last few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Davis View Post
I hope that your BM books soon. She agreed to be a B< - I don't think you should worry about it. I would definitely let her know you are stressing about it., though. Is she one of those "last minute" people?

I am about 3 weeks out now. One thing I have learned through this whole DW experience, is that the people who you think you can count on - disappoint - and the people you expect to bail - book. **shrugs**. One of my friends had a DW last year about this time and told me the same thing. I didn't totally believe her until these last few months.
You're so soon! :)

Yes, I know what you mean about the disappointments with people you thought were for sure, and there are definitely some unexpected surprises with other people going really out of their ways to make sure they come.