Anyone getting legally hitched before Mexican wedding?

I agree with this last post. We had the same discussion and decided it would be more fun to do it before. then it's really official while you are in MX, and after the ceremony you really will be husband and wife (in both senses)! Good luck to you. we don't have a date planned, but I see the tax reasons post and i never thought of that! good point.

good luck to you. I think the courtyhouse civil ceremonies are romantic.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're having our legal day in May, a little bit before we leave for MX. Like many people, we look at the legal day as just paperwork & we'll celebrate our DW as our anniversary since that's our actual wedding. It'll be nice to really be married after those vows w/o the hassle of needing to be there 3-4 business days ahead (with witnesses), having blood tests, etc.

We are going to have someone come to our house and marry us over dinner. We have a couple that we love dearly that are not able to come because they have a very disabled child that requires too much care to leave with anyone that isn't trained. The cost the for them would be through the roof to take a vacation.. This couple will be our witinesses and they are thrilled.. Sworn to keep the secret for life. lol

However you can find people that are certified or liscensed to do marraiges where ever.

The guy we're getting has done weddings in coffee shops...

Hello.

Like most, my FI and I will get legally married in the states about a few weeks before going to Mexico. The same with us, we do not want to tell our guests. Our immediate family will share in our legalized marriage!

KarenM- The resort I am getting married at I believe still requires me to be there 3 days before. I might be wrong, but double or triple check with your resort and I will do the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodimichelle View Post
Hello.

Like most, my FI and I will get legally married in the states about a few weeks before going to Mexico. The same with us, we do not want to tell our guests. Our immediate family will share in our legalized marriage!

KarenM- The resort I am getting married at I believe still requires me to be there 3 days before. I might be wrong, but double or triple check with your resort and I will do the same!
Really? Even for just the symbolic ceremony? That seems a little strange. I don't know that Dreams has that policy for symbolic weddings (I haven't come across it in any of the wealth of information I've read), but thanks for the heads-up. We're getting there on a Mon & our wedding is Sat so I guess it wouldn't be a problem regardless, but getting a bunch of witnesses there 3 business days in advance would've been hard.

Susie- that's wonderful! I'm sure your friends feel honored to be included!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
Really? Even for just the symbolic ceremony? That seems a little strange. I don't know that Dreams has that policy for symbolic weddings (I haven't come across it in any of the wealth of information I've read), but thanks for the heads-up. We're getting there on a Mon & our wedding is Sat so I guess it wouldn't be a problem regardless, but getting a bunch of witnesses there 3 business days in advance would've been hard.

Susie- that's wonderful! I'm sure your friends feel honored to be included!
Dreams Cancun only requires that you have enough time to work with the WC for a symbolic wedding. Im sure their other locations work the same way.

I was orginally going to do the legal marriage in Mexico, then I came across this website! It seemed as though a lot more people get married before they leave & have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico. We plan on doing our legal ceremony in the States, we are not going to tell anyone!

Plus it saves $ and u don't have to do blood work or any of the paperwork hassles!

I am also getting married in the States (or DC to be more exact) before heading to Mexico. My fiance and I haven't discussed it in detail, but I don't think we are goign to tell our guests, just our immediate families. I think it will let us enjoy our time there more than having to deal with bloodtests and paperwork.