Photo

Help please! Boudoir clothing!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:09 AM

Hey everyone! I am doing a things a little different as far as Boudoir session goes. I will be doing my session in Turks and Caicos two days before our wedding.

Our photographers, tropical imaging, will be taking me off Beaches property to their own hidden spots and secluded areas to take my Boudoir shots. So they are going to be on the beach and in the water and what not. More of a sports illustrated type shoot.

BUt I have nooo clue what to bring for clothing/outfits. SHould they be all swimsuits? still do lingerie? a pair of jeans with a sexy bra? I need some options. I really am at a loss and need to purchase these items. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. So send your opinions and thoughts my way! Thanks girls!

#2 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
    • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

What a FABULOUS idea!!!! I'm sorry, I don't have ideas for outfits, but that definitely inspires me to ask my TTD photog to maybe do the same thing.... Does your FI have any clue? It would be hard for me to keep it away from him... but maybe I could manage something...

My whole thing with not doing a BD shoot, is that I'm living in a city w/ none of my girlfriends. I would hate to do it alone... but if they were already in MX... Thanks so much for the idea!!
      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
      Non-Pro Pics:
      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#3 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
        What a FABULOUS idea!!!! I'm sorry, I don't have ideas for outfits, but that definitely inspires me to ask my TTD photog to maybe do the same thing.... Does your FI have any clue? It would be hard for me to keep it away from him... but maybe I could manage something...

My whole thing with not doing a BD shoot, is that I'm living in a city w/ none of my girlfriends. I would hate to do it alone... but if they were already in MX... Thanks so much for the idea!!
        Yah FI has noooo idea!! And Im just going to tell him I have to finalize some stuff. I am super excited. Im just not sure what to wear!

#4 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LadyTrunck

Yah FI has noooo idea!! And Im just going to tell him I have to finalize some stuff. I am super excited. Im just not sure what to wear!

#5 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
          • 997 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

I like your idea of a sexy bra and jeans...maybe you could some sexy bikini too? I'm thinking something animalistic if you're going to be in secluded rainforest type places! So much fun! I'm thinking of doing one too...but a couple months before we go!

#6 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

Hot idea Meg! I second what Maureen said! I think you can make anything look sexy wet on a beach! lol

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

That shoot is going to be so much fun and your boudoir photos will be very original.

A few things off the top of my head:
              - oversized sunglasses
              - one pice bathing suit (think classy vintage look)
              - sun/straw hat
              - long string of pearls or chunky necklace for jewelry
              - maybe a surf board as a prop with some cute boarder shorts and a top

Overall the location is going to be a hit! Can't wait to see, best of luck!

#8 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

Meagan I love this idea!!! How sexy & fun doing it on the beach, while you're there!! You're gonna feel like a super-model!
                I think you can mix it up between bikinis/swimsuits & lingerie. You could wear boyshorts & a bra or tank top. I really like the idea of jeans & a sexy bra too. Is FI wearing a tie for the wedding? You could maybe use that too, as long as it doesn't get wet. Or just bikini bottoms with a ton of beaded necklaces covering your chest?

And some fun accessories like sunglasses, a hat, etc.

I searched sports illustrated swimsuit pics & found these
                sports illustrated swimsuit pictures - Google Images

and maybe look at victoria's secret swimsuits for more inspiration
                Swimwear: Women's Swimsuits & Designer Swimwear at Victoria's Secret.

good luck & let us know what you pick out!

#9 Krista_H

Krista_H
                • 428 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

What a fabulous idea!! I would definately use something that means something to him like the girls have already mentioned (his tie or his favourite sports team jersey).

#10 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
                  • 336 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Check out www.beachbunnyswimwear.com for some super sexy swim suits!! They are really quick with shipping to so if you are tight for time it only takes a few days. There are a little pricy though, but they did have a sale on not too long ago for suits under $100 you may get lucky.
                    Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
                    http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
                    http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users