Disappointed

juliaks

I am also sorry you feel that way. However, there are rules that have been set out and everyone needs to follow them. You should search how to post a new thread and so on to make sure you are following these rules (size of pics etc does matter, which part of the forum you post in). We were all a NOOB at one time, so we are also here to help you find your way. Give us another chance, and do not hesitate to PM me for help!

AND

LETS SEE THE DRESS!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maureen is right. This forum does nothing but help brides get a grip on their planning and a sounding board on other things not even related to wedding planning. My FI found this site for me (and I thank him each and every day for doing so) and I've been hooked ever since. The girls are so forthcoming with their advice and opinions, and to me that's priceless given the fact that no one around me really wants to listen to wedding talk all the time.

I know I would be more than happy to see your dress, and to know how your planning is coming along. Don't stop contributing to the forum. All the best! smile03.gif

Hi Julia!

I'm sorry you're feeling disappointed. But don't, we've all had threads closed, merged together, etc. It happens. It's not a big deal and it's not intended as a slap on the wrist, it's just a way of saving forum space.

I have to second Maureen's comments. I just searched for your posts and the one that was closed specifically asked whether TTD really ruined the dress, and the mods were right to close your thread - that question has been answered over and over. I know I've answered it too. And yes, my dress came out cleaner.

I searched your threads and found one that you were referring to - http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...uestion-52061/

And the reason why that thread was closed b/c it was particularly offensive to the heart of the forum. This is a great resource if you take the time to become a participative (is that even a word?) member. To say that you don't have time to research and you want everyone to answer again in your thread is extremely rude in my opinion.

I'm sorry that you will hold that against the entire forum, but we can't have everyone creating threads willy nilly b/c they are "too busy" to search. We are all busy.

Here is the text in question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaks View Post
I have a question. I'm not sure if someone has already asked it - I have a newborn at home and don't have a ton of time to search the forums.

Does taking your wedding dress into the ocean, or water, etc for a TTD shoot, really destroy the dress? I have no idea if it does or not - can it not be cleaned and restored after? Sorry if this is a dumb question - maybe TTD is just what it's called, or maybe the idea is to actually destroy the dress...

Thanks for humouring me!

Oh, and good news! I bought my dress last night! Wohoo! It was on sale as it was, and I got the lady to drop the price by another 10%! Being cheap pays off sometimes!

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
This topic has been discussed at length. Please utilize the search function. We all have babies / children / houses / jobs / etc outside the forum, but if we all created a thread for every single thing instead of performing the search, this forum would be a madhouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
i have a newborn at home as well...AND a 2 year old and i run 2 businesses.

we are all busy. use the search feature this topic has been discussed at length.

thread closed.

I agree with Carly, Tammy, TA Maureen and the rest of the girls. Every member on here is busy with our own lives, part of the reason to have a forum is so we can all participate. Starting multiple threads over the same topic and then saying its because you're too busy to search and participate in other threads is kind of disrespectful to everyone else who invests time into being an active participant. I don't think the comments were harsh at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaks View Post
This is probably going to get me banned, but I just wanted to say how offended and disappointed I am in regards to this forum. I've posted maybe three or four threads, at which point I was sternly told by two mods to stop wasting everyone's time.

I was really excited to tell my story as to how I finally found my dress, and my thread was 'closed'. I'm older, and everyone I know is married already, so I guess I was using this forum as a surrogate 'girlfriend'. I'm pretty hurt by what transpired.

If you guys don't want people to post threads about things that have been discussed previously, and want people JUST to search topics, then maybe you should just close the forum entirely.

Maybe this will cause me to be banned, or maybe it will just be taken as feedback, but I feel like I was treated as a second class citizen while I learned how this whole system worked.

I found my dress, not that anyone even cares.
My question to you is why would you post something THINKING you would be bannedhuh.gif Here's the deal. This is a FREE forum that costs the owner money. MODS work for free too. Sooo... they volunteer to keep it running smoothly. if gals keep posting threads without searching, the site would get so bogged down no one could open a thing! I have seen the owner post that she is having to buy more space because of the overwhelming new content and memberships... which is great for us= new info.
I understand being extremely busy and how overwhelming planning a wedding can be! We all do... so we need to help eachother out. There are threads started on almost every topic. There is a thread to post your dress where you can show it off!... and almost everyone subscribes to that thread. Everything is in categories so you should be able to find what you are looking for and participate! Have a random question you need an imediate answer to? Check with the ShoutBox girls! There is someone online there all day long and they are very welcoming!
So what I am trying to say is welcome! participate! You'll love it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
i think those replies are quiet harsh. she was just asking. as a relatively newbie myself sometimes you're not 100% sure what to do.
They are not trying to be harsh at all. There are rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Nobody is exempt from the rules because they are busy or new.

I've moved this thread to the appropriate section (from the Newbies sub-forum).

And I won't add much more since others have said it quite well - there's a reason behind all of these rules, and there's a reason we don't like duplicate threads everywhere. I challange you to find another wedding planning forum organized as well as this one is!

Quote:
i think those replies are quiet harsh. she was just asking. as a relatively newbie myself sometimes you're not 100% sure what to do.
No one was harsh, IMHO. She was commenting/complaining about the forum and people were responding.

no i know, but i just think parts of it were worded slightly harshly. sometimes as a newbie on a site, and this is a BIG site and it's full of fabulous useful stuff, but sometimes you don't really know how to work it.

i just think they could of said something like 'unfortunately we can't have multiple threads on the same subject, if you go to xyz it tells you how to search and that might help, good luck' something like that you know? i just think " have a newborn at home as well...AND a 2 year old and i run 2 businesses. we are all busy. use the search feature this topic has been discussed at length. thread closed." is a little blunt and harsh. but that's just my opinion.

This thread seems to be taking a turn for the worse. Actually, perhaps it's just continuing with the negative spirit that the original poster intended, but that isn't the way we like this forum to run. We encourage everyone to have an opinion, but we also require that the members respect the admin (Tammy host) and the moderators. You might want to take a look at this thread - http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-banned-32834/ - specifically this quote from a few posts down although the entire thread might be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
I also wanted to add that any attitude or snarky behavior to the mods or admins will not be tolerated.

this is a free forum. we volunteer our time to make the forum run smoothly and i am sure the way it is moderated is why this forum is so great. the LAST thing we need are pm's, posts from members being snarky. Especially about things they do not fully understand.

when vendors get banned, we actually do keep a thread tracking warning, incidents, etc. We have discussed the ban amongst the moderators/admins but the ban is not up for discussion with members.

You do not need to agree or understand the rules, you just need to follow them. If you do not like the rules or how the forum is run, you do not need to stay here. There are plenty of other wedding forums you can go to.

Quote:
no i know, but i just think parts of it were worded slightly harshly. sometimes as a newbie on a site, and this is a BIG site and it's full of fabulous useful stuff, but sometimes you don't really know how to work it.

i just think they could of said something like 'unfortunately we can't have multiple threads on the same subject, if you go to xyz it tells you how to search and that might help, good luck' something like that you know? i just think " have a newborn at home as well...AND a 2 year old and i run 2 businesses. we are all busy. use the search feature this topic has been discussed at length. thread closed." is a little blunt and harsh. but that's just my opinion.