Sign in to follow this  
Girasole

Dress Shopping

I think that you should ask your FI if he meant that he doesn't like V necks in general of if what he really was trying to get at was no low cut V neck. There's a big difference, and I have a feeling that's where it might be coming from.

I agree with everyone though, asking FI for an opinion can be a real bad idea!

I agree....he probably did not like the style on that particular person. You need to get what looks good on you and makes you feel beautiful. I think there are several reasons the groom does not get to see the bride before the ceremony...so he cannot comment on things like the dress and give us a complex! Like we don't have enough to worry about! LOL

He will love you in whatever you get, as long as you feel wonderful in it. Good luck!

I agree with all the other ladies, just go in with an open mind and find a dress you feel beautiful in! Months after I bought my dress, I panicked, thinking my FI would hate my dress. He likes to see me dressed up (which isn't very often!) and often helps me pick things out, so he's been a little stressed over not seeing my dress. But he finally told me it wasn't that he didn't think he'd like my choice, he just can't wait so long to see it! We did go to a wedding dress fashion show last week and it turns out, most of the dresses he liked are very similar to mine, so I feel much better!

Your FI will think you're beautiful no matter what, so choose a dress you feel confident in! And if you pick a v-neck dress, he'll probably have forgotten he even said that! LOL

I asked my FI for his general opinion on what he likes. We looked online at David's Bridal so I can get an idea of what he likes. We both know what looks best on me so we agreed on the dresses (I have broad shoulders and strapless dresses look great on me). Everyone's body type is different and you need to find a dress that you love and that looks great on you! That model might not look good in a v-neck but you might!

yup he will love it no matter what! Dresses look different on other people.

my FI said he would be okay with me wearing a garbage bag...(but maybe cuz that fit into the budget?! lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
MEN!!! Most of them don't know what a neckline is!!! Go with what makes you feel beautiful...
EXACTLY SusieQ, lol :)

He loves you, wants to marry you and will love you in your hand picked wedding dream dress, happy shopping!!

I too had this issue, and brought it upon myself!! I fell in love with 2 dresses that were more of the wrap type dresses...with pick ups on them. Anywho, I could not decide which one i liked the best because they both had to be changed to some degree to make me happy. Well one night i was watching say yes to the dress and a similar dress came on (the girl looked gorgeous and bought it) and my FI commented on it looking like drappery! I was totally caught off guard. So then i went another step and the next night i was online looking at pics of dresses, including one of the ones i liked. So we were going through them and he was commenting on all of them...likes and dislikes. Well we came up to the one i liked and he totally hated it!!

Long story short, I was all set to buy the other one just because I felt gorgeous in it. I wanted him to think I looked gorgeous, but figured no matter what I was wearing he would. My mom and i went to one other store just to make sure and i found "the dress". It is completely different than the other ones, but I am not showing him anything similar jusst because! :-)

I say go with what you feel gorgeous in, he will think you are gorgeous no matter what you are wearing!

I recommend trying on all different shapes and styles, because i for one had an idea of what style i liked (mermaid) & what i absolutley did NOT want---and what i thought i did not want is what i ended up with.

You never really know whats going to look good until you try them on.