Photo

I want a Mexican / Spanish inspired wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 lalanyc

lalanyc
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:51 AM

But I have no idea where to look! Does anyone know of designers that might have some Mexican or Spanish themed collections?

This one I found kinda has the lace going for it but I think it might be a bit too much on me.

Bridal Gowns: Style jh8011 by Jim Hjelm

Oh, and did I mention I would love to have some subtle shades of color in it??

Thanks in advance!

#2 vdaybride

vdaybride
    • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:02 AM

Pronovias is store in NYC that is based in Barcelona. They have spanish inspired dresses. I purchased my dress from there and it had the option of coming with a bolero. I chose not to get it, but it was an option. They have BEAUTIFUL dresses and the sales girls are super nice!! Good luck!
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#3 mlabbe

mlabbe
      • 784 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

That is a beautiful dress! If you wanted something similar with some lace but not lace all over, I had tried one on at David's Bridal. It was really pretty, but I wasn't sold on having sleeves. The price was really good though, under $600!

#4 ~Keira~

~Keira~
        • 1,338 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by vdaybride
          Pronovias is store in NYC that is based in Barcelona. They have spanish inspired dresses. I purchased my dress from there and it had the option of coming with a bolero. I chose not to get it, but it was an option. They have BEAUTIFUL dresses and the sales girls are super nice!! Good luck!
          I totally love your dress!!

I agree with vdaybride, you should check out Pronovias.
          ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#5 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

I can't wait to see what you find!
            Loving married life! <3

#6 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

This is the David's Bridal copy of that dress. Also have you seen Erudice and Columba by Pronovias? I dont know your budget exactly but if it doesnt extend so far off im sure some of the ladies in the forum have posted about their China made lace replicas and im sure you can find one of the sites that can make the dress and have it fit your budget. I bought my AHR dress from Landy Bridal and had a great experience with them.

Not sure about this site as i have not bought anything from them but maybe look at the design and see if its sorta what you want Design#1.

#7 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kuteliya
                This is the David's Bridal copy of that dress. ].
                That's my dress! It comes in white, ivory or ivory over champagne. I also wanted something a little Spanish-inspired so I went with lace.

Here is another at DB with a back that's similar to the original JH dress
                David's Bridal - Lace cap-sleeve trumpet gown with keyhole back and heavily beaded sash

#8 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Have you tried La Sposa? They have beautiful lace and ruffle details.

#9 lalanyc

lalanyc
                  • 363 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by vdaybride
                    Ooh, is that your dress in the slide show?? That's awesome! Ok, I'm defininitely going to Pronovias then! In fact, I think I dont work too far from there!

#10 lalanyc

lalanyc
                    • 363 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kuteliya
                      That's my dress! It comes in white, ivory or ivory over champagne. I also wanted something a little Spanish-inspired so I went with lace.

Here is another at DB with a back that's similar to the original JH dress
                      David's Bridal - Lace cap-sleeve trumpet gown with keyhole back and heavily beaded sash

Thanks- these are a little more along the lines of what I was thinking! It didnt occur to me that lace would play such a big role. I like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users