Photo

Im going off the DEEP END

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 girlkin

girlkin
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

Ladies thanks for all your kind, honest and encouraging comments. I had to take a couple days off of this wedding planning business and I am now seeing things from a new perspective. Unfortunately the original bridal shop only offered to give me back half of my deposit only towards another dress. I even had a chance to chat with the owner and she was so not willing to budge. Anyway I tried to put that behind me and really tried to find a dress--even if it wasn't in that store; and I found one. This whole ordeal really came as a shock to me and to put the icing on the cake I even shed a few tears through it all and my dress is safe and sound at my mom's house :). Im happy with my decision and so glad that I can check "the dress" off my list. Thanks so much ladies.

Here's the dress on the model:

Click the image to open in full size.

and then on me:

Sorry there is not a better picture but the lady at the shop was kind enough to take a picture and send these to me as my phone was dead by this point.

#32 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

Whoa, that's a sexy dress! It looks stunning on you. Glad you finally found the one!

#33 girlkin

girlkin
      • 120 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lrdavis23
        Awww I'm sorry you are soo stressed out, I know we all fully understand how stressful this whole process is. I actaully like both dresses I didn't see anything wrong with the first dress, and the second dress is gorgeous too.

I live 10 min from the National Harbor and its a gorgeous place to get married, are you getting married at the Gaylord Hotel?
        Thank you! I grew up five minutes from the harbor. My parents live right there in Fort Washington. We may know each other

Yes the ceremony will likely be at the Gaylord; however the reception will be held at a new venue that just opened that overlooks the water and the entire harbor. Im excited! Happy planning to you.

#34 girlkin

girlkin
        • 120 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

lol. Im done looking I promise. Now I can just admire how pretty everyone else on here looks in their dresses!

Thanks
          Kim

#35 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
          • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

I admire your curves... so jealous! Its gorgeous, I'm glad you finall found the dress that you love!!
            Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#36 indy_chic

indy_chic
            • 336 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

Beautiful !!

#37 trobin01

trobin01
              • 203 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

wow. That dress looks amazing on you. So flattering to your body type! You're going to make a beautiful bride.

#38 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
                • 426 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

You made a great choice!! That's a beautiful dress!

#39 violetvixen

violetvixen
                  • 63 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

I love dress #2, it is so beautiful on you and really flatters your figure. Dress #1 is a big NO. Maybe it's just the photos, but the fabric looks sort of... cheapy.

Buy dress #2 and no more second guessing! :)

#40 violetvixen

violetvixen
                    • 63 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by violetvixen
                      I love dress #2, it is so beautiful on you and really flatters your figure. Dress #1 is a big NO. Maybe it's just the photos, but the fabric looks sort of... cheapy.

Buy dress #2 and no more second guessing! :)
                      oops, I just read through to the end of the thread and see that you went with a different dress. It looks perfect! Congrats on finding your gown!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users