I decided to go with discount mugs as I only need 30 travel mugs made. I could have went with 4imprint since I am in Canada, but they have a min of 50, and I wanted to keep the cost down.

So my question is, I went online, chose my mug, filled out the information and proceeded to the next step. I made sure to put special instructions that I would like a to see a proof prior to production to approve the look and font size. Then I pressed Okay... and everything disapeared, I just got a email with my order number, and thanking me for my purchase.. But i didnt give any payment information, do they send you the proof prior to paying? is that how they work??

We used discount mugs for our group as well and the same kind of thing happened - I emailed them to make sure they had all the correct info and they did reply to confirm that they had received my email but we were never sent a proof. Also we had to pay an 55.00 in brokerage fee's once the mugs arrived - which I know is a customs thing and has nothing to do with discount mugs but I didn't expect it so just an FYI :)

On the plus side we got our mugs a couple of weeks ago and I love them (and the design was exactly what I asked for)

Funny you should ask! I JUST received my shot glasses today! I paid when I ordered them online, and I asked to see a proof too. What they sent me was no help, but I okayed it anyways. They took a few weeks longer to get here (probably because of the proof) and they look pretty good. Not super amazing, but pretty good. We put our wedding monogram on them - as its on most of our wedding stationary. I plan on putting some candies and a drink umbrella in them and wrapping with cellophane.

I too had to deal with another 54 dollars in fees on delivery, which has been with everyhing ordered from the states. So, depending on how much the canadian company costs, it might be just as cheap to order the other 20 mugs to reach the min order.

Good luck! I haven't taken pics yet as my camera was dead, but I''ll put them up on my planning bio when I do.

I just ordered from discount mugs the other day. I had to pay for my order online before it would send the order. They gave the option of a credit card or paypal. I too asked for a proof, so am waiting on that.

I hope that there isn't an unexpected $55 customs fee because I didn't even think of that. SandalGirl is right......would have been better to order from the Canadian company and get the extra mugs for about the same cost. Too late for me, but hopefully others can take advantage of this info.

TeNeil - It was the second time this week we got hit with an extra brokerage fee. I ordered some parasols from an american company and it was another 51 dollars on delivery. It might make a little difference that you're in Alberta, because I think it's the taxes that we would have had to pay on the product here? So yours might be less :)

I put pics of the shotglasses in my bio.

SandalGirl- I think the shot glasses look great! We actually buy a shot glass everywhere that we travel so I love this idea (even thought we didn't end up getting them). I checked out your entire bio and it so fun! Your dress is gorgeous and you are glowing with happiness in it.

Sorry to hear about all the extra charges this week sad.gif I keep reminding myself that we still have a few months to try and spread out all the costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latoya1908 View Post
Can someone post the website for the company WITHOUT the extra $55 fee?? Thanks! Also, are you gals putting these mugs in our OOT bags? I was thinking of doing that in hope of my guests being able to use them at the resort (I heard the cups they give you for alcohol are kinda small)...
Here is a Canadian site that you can order mugs from: 4imprint Canada Promotional Products, Promotional Items, Advertising Specialties and Imprinted Promotional Products
We are definitely putting them in our OOT bags so that our guests can load up on drinks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latoya1908 View Post
Can someone post the website for the company WITHOUT the extra $55 fee?? Thanks! Also, are you gals putting these mugs in our OOT bags? I was thinking of doing that in hope of my guests being able to use them at the resort (I heard the cups they give you for alcohol are kinda small)...
You are in the US so you shouldn't have to worry about the extra fee. Its us Canadian girls who get hit with the duty upon shipping. I too got hit with the unexpected fee. I didn't know there was a canadian company to order from or I may have tried that.... oh well