Photo

Does this jewelry go w/ my dress?? I'd love honest opinions!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 lexibride

lexibride
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:25 PM

Ok, so I posted on how to find the jewelry I love much cheaper - however, I never thought to ask you guys if you think it will be too much for my dress

Here's me in my dress: Pardon the funny stance, I'm desperately trying to hold it up because it's several sizes too big for me due to getting it at the running of the brides event.

Click the image to open in full size.

here's the jewelry:

what do you guys think??

#2 damaris

damaris
    • 462 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

It can be too much. It all depends on your earrings, veil and/or headpiece. I do think your dress is gorgeous. Do you want the necklace with the flower to fight it? I'm only saying that because of the detailing on the dress and the brooch.
      65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#3 damaris

damaris
      • 462 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

By the way by brooch I meant the detail on the bust, which I love.
        65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

Oooo looks nice! I don't think it's too much. i actually like how the flower kind of matches the dress because there are flowers on your dress. Nice way to incorporate it. I love bling though maybe that's why i don't think it's too much.

#5 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

I like it! I think the second one may look too chunky and big but the first one would prob be perfect. IF you are going with a veil and head piece then I think these would make amazing bracelets! Good Luck!

#6 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
          • 734 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

I would go with something a little more simple and that maybe comes down in the front. It doesn't look like the flower matches your dress, but its hard to tell. However, I think Damaris is right, it all depends on your veil, earrings and the look you are going for.
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
            http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#7 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
            • 349 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

I love it! I think the necklace would go wonderfully with your dress--then again I like statement piece type of jewelry... I might not go for the bracelet if I went with the necklace or vice-versa. I love how romantic your choices look.

#8 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

i think the crystals would look really nice with the details of the dress. i do think that the flower might be a bit much b/c of the brooch in the neckline of the dress. maybe you could wear that type of flower (instead of a natural one) as a pin in your hair.

#9 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
                • 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

hmmm I love the first necklace. I think that the broach on the second one is too large.

I ALSO LOVE LOVE your dress! :)
                  http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
                  May 29, 2010
                  Cancun, Mexico

#10 lexibride

lexibride
                  • 276 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

I didn't plan on any head piece - just a small orchid in the back of my hair and an extremely simple one layer veil maybe with tiny crystals on the edge, but maybe not.....

Oh and I didn't clarify the first one is the necklace and the second is the bracelet.

Maybe I'll just do the bracelet and no necklace?? I don't want the bold necklace to compete with my dress either. Ugh...this is HARD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users