Worst day ever!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 msemi305

• 162 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Hey Ladies -
    I know this has nothing to do with planning a wedding, but I just have to tell you that Friday was the worst day ever for me. After 18 years I had to put my cat down! I opted to stay in the room and it was very peaceful, but it has been extreamly hard to get over him. He was a party of my life for 18 years.
    Crazy how pets can touch your life!

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

Oh man I am so sorry for your loss!! That is the worst losing a pet.

Sometimes they say the best way to cure it is to get a new pet. That doesn't mean you need to forget about your love but you will have a new pet to keep you company! And give all of your love to!

#3 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:47 AM

I am so sorry to hear that. It is so hard to lose a pet. We are always here - wedding planning troubles or not!

#4 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

Awww Soooo sorry to hear that... I can't even imagine... But sounds like he had a wonderful, long life!

#5 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
          • 291 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

I'm so sorry

We recently put down my cat and he was 23 - I feel your pain - especially since he has been a part of your life for so long...

#6 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:06 AM

awww I'm so sorry to hear that! Keep your chin up, you'll feel better soon. Your cat will always be in your heart!

#7 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

Oh I totally get where your coming from... I love my dogs like children... sorry to hear you lost part of your world.

#8 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

Aww...I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you. My two dogs are my babies, so I completely understand how animals become a part of your family.

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                  http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#9 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that! I know I would have a really hard time too! Hang in there! We are all thinking of you!
                    Loving married life! <3

#10 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

Awww I'm sorry to hear that! But as hard as it was to be in the room with him, I think down the road you'll be glad that you did because you were able to say goodbye and be with him to the end. I totally think that counts for something!

We have a senior cat that we rescued this year who our vet thinks is about 16 yrs old so we know that sooner than later we'll be in the same position that you are and we're just grateful that she'll get to spend her last time with us nice and warm and loved. And I'm sure that your cat had a long happy life with you and that is the best you can do for any pet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users