Monica's Iberostar Rose Hall Suites review!
Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:47 PM
Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:42 AM
| Originally Posted by magz88 |
Thank you soo much for your extensive review and your beautiful photo album that you have allowed us to look through. You were a beautiful bride and your wedding looked perfect! Congratulations to the both of you!
I am also getting married at IRHS in may 2010 so these pictures really helped me see different angles of the resort i haven't seen yet.
I have a few questions for you re: the wedding.
1. did you bring the white tulle and dangling flowers from home to decorate the huppa? the resort just provides the wood huppa?
2. where are your bridesmaid dresses from?
3. did you bring the torches or were they provided by the resort? extra cost?
4. did you communicate well with Nicole? did she call you w/ questions you had before your wedding? What about the jamaica man who married you the 2nd half of the ceremony? did he speak good english?
Thanks so much for your help...it means so much. Congrats again to both of you.
I haven't gotten on in a while, sorry took so long! TO answer your questions:
1. They provide the huppah and the white tulle, I got the idea for the hanging jeweled orchids from someone on this site: VERY easy to make! I just bought some jeweled Christmas strands that go on a tree, and I bought fake orchids from Hobby Lobby, and strung them on.. And the hotel actually hung them for us!!
2. I knew I wanted yellow but I couldn't find typical bridesmaid dresses I liked in bridal shops.. We bought them @ Dillards for $53, and they were long so we had them cut and hemmed. Exactly what I wanted! And the girls love them!
3. The resort provided the tiki torches! no charge.. If you are using the runner, beware of windy days! we had SHOES holding down the runner at some spots, but at that point I didn't care! I just wanted to marry my boy!
4. Nicole is wonderful! I emailed her with questions and she replied promptly. You discuss everything when you have your meeting with them once you get to the resort. The whole "don't worry" thing Jamaicans have is SOOO true: it's hard to get used to when here in America it's all stressful and you want everything to be perfect and you are freaking out! You have to put yourself in Jamaica time and relax, I really had to calm my mom down
And the Jamaican minister was wonderful, he had a beautiful speaking voice, and you could understand him very well.
All in all- wonderful resort, everyone LOVED it!! Email me if you have any more questions! Good luck with your planning!!
Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:43 AM
| Originally Posted by JMarie |
Hi Monica!! Congrats on your wedding! Your pics are amazing! Thanks for allowing people to see them!!! I am in the process of deciding where to have my wedding... I have been looking at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites too!
Do you have any complaints about the resort??
Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:53 AM
Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:51 PM
Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:47 AM
| Originally Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org |
what's their policy on getting an outside photographer?
Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm in the planning stages and still trying to choose a resort. I found your review super helpful!
Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:55 AM
what a beautiful blonde bride! thanks for sharing
Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:13 PM
Thank you so much for the review and pictures!!!! Your wedding looked beautiful.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users