Steel Drum Band

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zinski
    Oh that's perfect! Did you request it that way or is that just what they gave you? Did you get to request or pick from a list of songs for them to play?
    we just asked for a steel drum band and that's what they gave us. I already knew the 3 songs i wanted and they played them no problem. I think they may also have a list you can choose from.

#12 Bride121209

• 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

Does the ROR Steel Drum band play pretty modern and diverse songs? chandlyn sent me the list and i didn't really recognize any of the songs

#13 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

How much does it cost to have a steel drum band play? Thanks!

#14 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

The steel drum band is $350 an hour...we had them for 1 hour during the ceremony

#15 Zinski

• 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

This is the website of the guy who's link I posted from youtube.com at the start of this thread:
            Steel Drum Music :: Weddings
            It says he charges $350 an hour and then $1 per mile for traveling fees. This is the only person I have come across (but I also wasn't really looking) but I'm sure you could do a google search.

#16 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

We have a single steel pan drummer for our wedding. In fact, that's what I'll be walking down the aisle to. (We're getting married in St. Thomas). He's included in the package that we purchased from our wedding planner.

#17 blurt

• 105 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

We got married at ROR and there was 3 guys playing, they cost $350 for the hour, my husband gave them a Jamaica football shirt he had taken with him and they gave him a cd of their songs. With them playing it made it really special.

#18 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

OH MAN!! that clip made me cry! here i am sitting at work bawling to steel drums! heheh
                  I knew we wanted to have steel drums but we didn't know when or where to have them played...thank you sooooo much i now know what I want!!

#19 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

Great video! I hope to get a steel drum band for our ceremony too!

#20 delgadot

• 284 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Wow that was so good! You have definitely inspired me to want a steel band for the ceremony. Thank you for sharing that!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users