LCBride2007

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Hey Andi,

Yes we are getting married in 2012, We wanted to have a long engagment, im happy to have like a year and a half to plan because i feel like there is soooo much to do, i dont know how you guys do it all in like six months,crazy. Im just out of university, and want to pay of student loans etc, before having a wedding to worry about paying for. I think you can book a photog this far out, But obvs not without a date. I am looking at the second weekend in feb. I havent talked to kelley yet, Derek wants to go for a site visit before paying all this money to book a place, he is unsure about , we go up to pv every year in feb, so i plan to get in touch with kelley in the next couple of months and tell her we are interested in having our wedding there, and coming for i site visit. Im sold, but dereks the type that needs to see something before he books.

how far out did everyone book thier wedding? Am i leaving it too long if i wait until february, Im sure a year is a reasonable amount of time, im about a year and a half out right now. Want to book either second or third week of feb. Should i wait to contact kelley? Don't want to bother her when im so far out, especially cause i think its wedding season still?

We booked about 13 months out. Booked in Oct 09 for a Nov 21st wedding. We actually wanted the 19th but both the 19th and 20th were already taken!

I booked just about a year out too but the date I wanted was available. I would think you would be fine waiting til February. Although it wouldn't hurt to contact Kelly sooner...maybe in like a month though when wedding season is over for her. Also there is the online calendar on the vallarta adventures website and it shows what dates are taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah2012 View Post
how far out did everyone book thier wedding? Am i leaving it too long if i wait until february, Im sure a year is a reasonable amount of time, im about a year and a half out right now. Want to book either second or third week of feb. Should i wait to contact kelley? Don't want to bother her when im so far out, especially cause i think its wedding season still?
That is PLENTY of time!
I booked in Jan. I think it was even around the middle of the month. We have only planned for about 6 months.

Maybe ill contact Kelley next, week im gonna head over to the vallarta adventures website and see if my dates are booked, which i doubt. Im not too fussy about the day we get married so im sure booking in feb will be fine. Ill see what kelley reccommends maybe? Thanks !

Quote:
I also have another question that maybe someone can help me with.... has anyone made an invite in powerpoint before i have mine all made, but i am having one heck of a time trying to figure out how to print it, we want to print them four to a page then cut them. What a headache.
I think I did mine in Word. Another option is to use an avery template that sections it off in quarters for you - that's what I did for my STDs.

Quote:
We booked about 6 mos out - if you really want a Sat. or Fri. and a specific day, you may as well book as soon as you know. Those are the days that go fastest, but if you're flexible - you have SO much time!

Thanks Ann! I switched it over into word and got them finished yeseterday, now they are ready to cut. I volunteered to make my best friends shower invites, as i am her MOH, and i did not expect it to be sooo complicated, but overall im really happy with how they turned out, can't wait to make my own save the dates, and pocketfold invites!

Would be nice to do a friday, saturday or sunday, But im am flexible. Just looked on the website and nothing in that month had been booked yet, so so far so good, im going to keep an eye on it though.

Did anyone do a wedding planning blog? Like on blogspot or something, i was thinking about starting one, so years from now i can look back and remember, how much fun i had planning my wedding, the good the bad and the ugly. What do you think?

lots of people had websites - and this forum has a blog feature. but not sure how many people did a blog. i'm sure it would be fun to look back at!

Hannah- personally I'd book ASAP. If you know your date, get it- no harm done. We booked a year in advance and the original date we wanted was not available so we compromised and got married on a Thurs.. wasn't a huge deal, but I had originally told people a date without having it confirmed. I just had to send out an update email. No biggie.

Also, Nate Cordova second shot my wedding. He's really good and a few of my fav pics were done by him.