Jump to content
LCBride2007

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Recommended Posts

Than

Hi, I just got back from my wedding with 70 people. There were a few tables that were a bit out of the way, I felt a little bit bad but I put a group of young friends who all knew each other so it wasnt so bad. But they do tend to be further away then in the diagram they send to you. 
Thanks for your input, I am kind if hoping for a smaller party now lol maybe 50 will fit nicely? :P Can't wait to read your reviews and see some pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lmah View Post

 

Than

Thanks for your input, I am kind if hoping for a smaller party now lol maybe 50 will fit nicely? :P

 

Can't wait to read your reviews and see some pics!

Imah, Yes 50 would be perfect it was the last 10 that were the issue, I just posted pictures on page 192. It was honestly amazing, we had 5 kids, the night went by sooo fast even for the parents, the service was FABULOUS, they setup to of the fathers with chairs made into beds for the kids and didnt ever forget about serving them and checking up on them. It was great, the dinner FLEW by, honestly everything flew by I cant wait to get my video and photos back because my husband and I both agree we can barely remember the entire night it went so fast ha. Let me know if you have any questions, ive got plenty of answers freshly in my mind :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI all!
I just got married there and it was as wonderful as everyone says!  I had a wonderful time and my guests loved it!
I don't have much to add aobut the place and the day and the beauty--just to emphasize that everyone was right about how easily it all runs and how fabulous it all turns out!!

 

My one difficulty was hair and make up--I share here only becasue I think I have some solutins for those that read this.  I had it done by Jamil from Joel's Salon.  I did the trial at my hotel the day before and we did my hair half up/half down and curly as I wished.  Jamil told me it would get frizzy and curls would fall out faster at LC than in PV--sure enough, it fell out in 2 hours. So on wedding day we decided to do it up--which we had not practiced.  Jamil was an hour and half late (some confusion as to when he was supposed to arrive but I was going by my timeline), which alone was stressful-- one of my bridesmaids eventually found him just hanging out.  There was not time to adjust my hair and make up afterwards.  Also stressful.  I did not like either (hair or make up) and it was a bit of a damper on things for me.  He worked hard, was friendly, had a good attitude, but, in the end, I wish I had done my own hair and make up (or had a girlfriend do it).

 

A few comments though, so you don't worry too much:

  • My pictures look GREAT!  So my disappointment was more probably about my expectations and what I am used to than to how I really looked.
  • The airbrush was amazing, my favorite part of the make up!
  • He uses fake eyelashes---I think I just felt mine were too much (others thought my eyelashes were too much too, we have laughed about it now) on me and I didn't feel I had time to take off/clean up/reconsider.  Think this through beforehand--and maybe bring the ones you want from home (a friend got natural looking ones from Benefit)--he had a limited selection and I picked the best ones on my trial day and then had even fewer choices on wedding day. But again, they looked good in the not-as-close-up pictures....
  • Hair: it does seem that up works best in that climate so maybe practice up at home and decide what you really want (I didn't know if I wanted the "bun" on the side or in back and I realize now I wanted my ears to show).
  • Make sure he gets there on time--talk to Blanca about this (which I did, I heard he is often late, did not help in my case, but might in yours).

 

 

 

Again, it all worked out okay and it was small in the grand scheme of things (like I married an amazing man surrounded by my favorite peoplein a magical place!) but I thought I would share so you can think it through.

 

OH! Also, I used Sandra for my video and Eder fo rmy photos.  I don't have the photos yet but really enjoyed Eder--very friendly and flexible.  I did get a highlight video already (we have our AHR tomorrow and will show it) and I LOVE IT!! She made it soooooooooo special!! The photography of it is great but it is the EDITTING that took my breath away--the way she added hte music, put it together, the parts she picked, AMAZING! (And she did it super fast for me!) 

 

That is my two cents.

Best to you all!!!! 

 

OH, one more thing....we honeymooned at Playa Escondida and it was absolutely prefect for us! Not for everyone but perfectly relaxed for us. (Don't beleive when they write that you have to be an outdoorsy person--I'm not, just up for something different!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

 

HI all!

I just got married there and it was as wonderful as everyone says!  I had a wonderful time and my guests loved it!

I don't have much to add aobut the place and the day and the beauty--just to emphasize that everyone was right about how easily it all runs and how fabulous it all turns out!!

 

My one difficulty was hair and make up--I share here only becasue I think I have some solutins for those that read this.  I had it done by Jamil from Joel's Salon.  I did the trial at my hotel the day before and we did my hair half up/half down and curly as I wished.  Jamil told me it would get frizzy and curls would fall out faster at LC than in PV--sure enough, it fell out in 2 hours. So on wedding day we decided to do it up--which we had not practiced.  Jamil was an hour and half late (some confusion as to when he was supposed to arrive but I was going by my timeline), which alone was stressful-- one of my bridesmaids eventually found him just hanging out.  There was not time to adjust my hair and make up afterwards.  Also stressful.  I did not like either (hair or make up) and it was a bit of a damper on things for me.  He worked hard, was friendly, had a good attitude, but, in the end, I wish I had done my own hair and make up (or had a girlfriend do it).

 

A few comments though, so you don't worry too much:

  • My pictures look GREAT!  So my disappointment was more probably about my expectations and what I am used to than to how I really looked.
  • The airbrush was amazing, my favorite part of the make up!
  • He uses fake eyelashes---I think I just felt mine were too much (others thought my eyelashes were too much too, we have laughed about it now) on me and I didn't feel I had time to take off/clean up/reconsider.  Think this through beforehand--and maybe bring the ones you want from home (a friend got natural looking ones from Benefit)--he had a limited selection and I picked the best ones on my trial day and then had even fewer choices on wedding day. But again, they looked good in the not-as-close-up pictures....
  • Hair: it does seem that up works best in that climate so maybe practice up at home and decide what you really want (I didn't know if I wanted the "bun" on the side or in back and I realize now I wanted my ears to show).
  • Make sure he gets there on time--talk to Blanca about this (which I did, I heard he is often late, did not help in my case, but might in yours).

 

 

 

Again, it all worked out okay and it was small in the grand scheme of things (like I married an amazing man surrounded by my favorite peoplein a magical place!) but I thought I would share so you can think it through.

 

OH! Also, I used Sandra for my video and Eder fo rmy photos.  I don't have the photos yet but really enjoyed Eder--very friendly and flexible.  I did get a highlight video already (we have our AHR tomorrow and will show it) and I LOVE IT!! She made it soooooooooo special!! The photography of it is great but it is the EDITTING that took my breath away--the way she added hte music, put it together, the parts she picked, AMAZING! (And she did it super fast for me!) 

 

That is my two cents.

Best to you all!!!! 

 

OH, one more thing....we honeymooned at Playa Escondida and it was absolutely prefect for us! Not for everyone but perfectly relaxed for us. (Don't beleive when they write that you have to be an outdoorsy person--I'm not, just up for something different!)

Happy Bride 13, 

Glad to hear you had a beautiful wedding. Just curious if you could post some pics of your hair and makeup when you get them.  I'm a little worried about hair and makeup. especially since we are starting an hour early... I would hate for him not to show up on time!  

Thanks and Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

 

HI all!

I just got married there and it was as wonderful as everyone says!  I had a wonderful time and my guests loved it!

I don't have much to add aobut the place and the day and the beauty--just to emphasize that everyone was right about how easily it all runs and how fabulous it all turns out!!

 

My one difficulty was hair and make up--I share here only becasue I think I have some solutins for those that read this.  I had it done by Jamil from Joel's Salon.  I did the trial at my hotel the day before and we did my hair half up/half down and curly as I wished.  Jamil told me it would get frizzy and curls would fall out faster at LC than in PV--sure enough, it fell out in 2 hours. So on wedding day we decided to do it up--which we had not practiced.  Jamil was an hour and half late (some confusion as to when he was supposed to arrive but I was going by my timeline), which alone was stressful-- one of my bridesmaids eventually found him just hanging out.  There was not time to adjust my hair and make up afterwards.  Also stressful.  I did not like either (hair or make up) and it was a bit of a damper on things for me.  He worked hard, was friendly, had a good attitude, but, in the end, I wish I had done my own hair and make up (or had a girlfriend do it).

 

A few comments though, so you don't worry too much:

  • My pictures look GREAT!  So my disappointment was more probably about my expectations and what I am used to than to how I really looked.
  • The airbrush was amazing, my favorite part of the make up!
  • He uses fake eyelashes---I think I just felt mine were too much (others thought my eyelashes were too much too, we have laughed about it now) on me and I didn't feel I had time to take off/clean up/reconsider.  Think this through beforehand--and maybe bring the ones you want from home (a friend got natural looking ones from Benefit)--he had a limited selection and I picked the best ones on my trial day and then had even fewer choices on wedding day. But again, they looked good in the not-as-close-up pictures....
  • Hair: it does seem that up works best in that climate so maybe practice up at home and decide what you really want (I didn't know if I wanted the "bun" on the side or in back and I realize now I wanted my ears to show).
  • Make sure he gets there on time--talk to Blanca about this (which I did, I heard he is often late, did not help in my case, but might in yours).

 

 

 

Again, it all worked out okay and it was small in the grand scheme of things (like I married an amazing man surrounded by my favorite peoplein a magical place!) but I thought I would share so you can think it through.

 

OH! Also, I used Sandra for my video and Eder fo rmy photos.  I don't have the photos yet but really enjoyed Eder--very friendly and flexible.  I did get a highlight video already (we have our AHR tomorrow and will show it) and I LOVE IT!! She made it soooooooooo special!! The photography of it is great but it is the EDITTING that took my breath away--the way she added hte music, put it together, the parts she picked, AMAZING! (And she did it super fast for me!) 

 

That is my two cents.

Best to you all!!!! 

 

OH, one more thing....we honeymooned at Playa Escondida and it was absolutely prefect for us! Not for everyone but perfectly relaxed for us. (Don't beleive when they write that you have to be an outdoorsy person--I'm not, just up for something different!)

@happybride13 @Imah? (couldnt remember your name after starting post) but i posted pictures of my hair after I was finished on the previous page. 

 

Yes I felt the same way about Joel's assistant, that was our one issue as well was hair, Joel did mine and it ended up being gorgeous.  We actually went to visit Playa Escondida while we were away as well! VERY neat, love the people who work their, they rememebered my parents names and everything from their previous visit. Great!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so happy I found this forum!!! I am getting married at Las Caletas November 14, 2013!! All your posts have been so helpful and I can't wait for this awesome experience!!

 

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by caroltilley View Post

 

I am so happy I found this forum!!! I am getting married at Las Caletas November 14, 2013!! All your posts have been so helpful and I can't wait for this awesome experience!!

 

Carol

Congrats!  I get married on the 13th! Have you booked a hotel yet? We are staying at the Riu palace Pacifico. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×