Jump to content
LCBride2007

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Recommended Posts

Ladies,

 

A little apprehensive about airbursh makeup.  I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and don't want to look too "unlike myself."  Does it have that heavy, caked-on feeling?  Does it look natural?  I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'm not totally happy with or end up redoing myself.    Anyone get a trial in town before the wedding?  Think a trial would ease my mind about it.  Thoughts or pics would be very helpful.  Thanks, everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

 

MarriedNMex--elefant.gifIt is almost our turns!! 

 

 

I know, I just started packing today!  Man, I didn't think I would be packing so much, but alas, here I am with 1 full suitcase packed and that doesn't include any of my stuff!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys-

 

Anyone know if there is a place to change?  I am going to be wearing a different dress for the reception (fiance gets his short dress).  I heard the casita gets locked up and it isn't like I can just shimmy out of my dress super easy.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear that airbrush make up is very light, looks super natural and is the perfect answer for having professional make up done if you dn't usually wear a lot of make up.  Not only is it light, but it stays on for a long time! 

I am having a trail done becasue I want to be relaxed on my wedding day and not knowing how my hair and make up are going to turn out woudl stress me out.  It is not cheap, but to me, the sress release is worth the price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only place I can think of is the area above the eating area--where the boys change.  I am not sure how open it is... I know the bathrooms are small (stalls) and there is only candle light (don't catch your dress on fire!) but that area might be your best bet.  I am still undecided about chaning afterwards but if I do, I will do it there.  My dress is not too big, though....only one layer of poofiness underneath and light material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yayay!  I haven't put anything in suitcases yet (hope it fits!) but have it all laid out!  I think I will end up asking my fiance to take all the wedding-related stuff since my bag will be at the limit (50 pounds on US Air) with just my clothes!

 

What day do you fly down?  My fiance is counting down to the wedding day (Monday--12 days) but I am counting down to the day I have to be ready to leave (next Thursday--8 days!)!

 

So exciting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

 

I hear that airbrush make up is very light, looks super natural and is the perfect answer for having professional make up done if you dn't usually wear a lot of make up.  Not only is it light, but it stays on for a long time! 

I am having a trail done becasue I want to be relaxed on my wedding day and not knowing how my hair and make up are going to turn out woudl stress me out.  It is not cheap, but to me, the sress release is worth the price!

I think I will do the same, just for peace of mind.  Thanks for the input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MarriednMex View Post

 

Hey guys-

 

Anyone know if there is a place to change?  I am going to be wearing a different dress for the reception (fiance gets his short dress).  I heard the casita gets locked up and it isn't like I can just shimmy out of my dress super easy.

 

I asked Blanca about this because I plan on changing for the reception as well but also read the casita would be closed & dark.   The bathrooms are definitely too small. She said they could walk me back up to the casita with a flashlight or we could figure something else out, so don't worry. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

 

Yayay!  I haven't put anything in suitcases yet (hope it fits!) but have it all laid out!  I think I will end up asking my fiance to take all the wedding-related stuff since my bag will be at the limit (50 pounds on US Air) with just my clothes!

 

What day do you fly down?  My fiance is counting down to the wedding day (Monday--12 days) but I am counting down to the day I have to be ready to leave (next Thursday--8 days!)!

 

So exciting!

 

We are leaving this Monday!  My suitcase it at its limit.  We had a shipping debacle (thanks Mexican customs) and all our wedding favors/out of town cups got shipped back to us :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LaLa1116 View Post

 

I asked Blanca about this because I plan on changing for the reception as well but also read the casita would be closed & dark.   The bathrooms are definitely too small. She said they could walk me back up to the casita with a flashlight or we could figure something else out, so don't worry. :)

 

There is apparently a place that is being renovated that can be used as a pumping/nursing station that I am wondering I can use. I asked Dennise about a private place to pump with electricity since we have several nursing mom's (myself included) who will need to pump at least once during the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×