Jump to content
LCBride2007

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

 

Has anyone used, or planning to use, Eder Acevedo or Sandra Briones for photo and video?  The products look good but many LC brides seem to use other Puerto Vallarta photographers....makes me wonder what they know that I don't know!

 

I've looked at TONS of albums of weddings they've photographed at Las Caletas and they are all good. Plus it has to help they know the venue so well. The only reason we went with another photographer was that they offered a discount (on weekdays) and offered a ton more photos plus an additional one-hour session for the same price. Unfortunately there is a $300 fee VA charges for bringing an outside photographer in, but with the discount our photographer offered it pretty much evened out.

 

If you're happy with your choice, stick with it! One less thing to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thak you both for your reassurance----for the sake of convenience, I will use them!  Any thoughts on a second shooter (an extra photographer/videographer to get shots from another angle)?  I can afford one for either the videographer OR the photographer (I will have one of each) and can't decide where to add the second shooter!

Thanks again!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

 

Just got back from my wedding at Las Caletas and honeymoon!  The wedding was amazing and overall one of the best experiences of our lives :)  Las Caletas was even more beautiful than I imagined and I wish I could do it all over because it went by way too fast.  I am going to write a full review very shortly but wanted to wait so I can include some of my professional photos because it was so dark that most of the guest photos didn't turn out.  Although it was the most wonderful day, there were a few problems throughout so I'll try to be critical in my review to save some of you from the same issues but don't worry you have made the right decision.  I saw several resort weddings while I was down there for two weeks and although nice they can't compare to a Las Caletas wedding :)  Promise more info coming soon!

 

-Kim  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Future Bride View Post

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Just got back from my wedding at Las Caletas and honeymoon!  The wedding was amazing and overall one of the best experiences of our lives :)  Las Caletas was even more beautiful than I imagined and I wish I could do it all over because it went by way too fast.  I am going to write a full review very shortly but wanted to wait so I can include some of my professional photos because it was so dark that most of the guest photos didn't turn out.  Although it was the most wonderful day, there were a few problems throughout so I'll try to be critical in my review to save some of you from the same issues but don't worry you have made the right decision.  I saw several resort weddings while I was down there for two weeks and although nice they can't compare to a Las Caletas wedding :)  Promise more info coming soon!

 

-Kim  

Kim,

 

Welcome back! So glad it was wonderful!  Can't wait to see pics and read your review! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies!

 

We just got back from our honeymoon yesterday!! As Kim mentioned above, Las Caletas is even more beautiful in person! Photos and words just cannot begin to describe it. Brad and I had an amazing wedding day, no hiccups whatsoever (other than the one day my mom got sick during her two weeks in Puerto Vallarta was the day of the wedding!), it was honestly perfect!

 

I will do a full review once I have some time. We didn't have any problems with the lighting, though it did get dark very soon after the ceremony. We are so glad that we did first look pictures and pictures before the ceremony. Any questions, just ask! I cannot wait to sit down and recap our amazing day!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Branya2012 View Post

 

Hi ladies!

 

We just got back from our honeymoon yesterday!! As Kim mentioned above, Las Caletas is even more beautiful in person! Photos and words just cannot begin to describe it. Brad and I had an amazing wedding day, no hiccups whatsoever (other than the one day my mom got sick during her two weeks in Puerto Vallarta was the day of the wedding!), it was honestly perfect!

 

I will do a full review once I have some time. We didn't have any problems with the lighting, though it did get dark very soon after the ceremony. We are so glad that we did first look pictures and pictures before the ceremony. Any questions, just ask! I cannot wait to sit down and recap our amazing day!!

Congrats Branya! So glad you had a beautiful wedding. Just curious did you have a late night snack for your guests? If not did anyone complain about being hungry??? Also who did you use for hair and makeup?  Thanks!!!! Can;t wait to see your review (p.s. where will it be? I can;t seem to find any of the old Las Caletas reviews).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Lianne!

 

We did not have a late night snack and no one complained of being hungry at all. We did have wedding cake, which was passed around right after we cut it and had our first dance, but I would recommend to ask if you could have the cake (if you are having one) passed around a bit later, if you are worried about that. There is so so so much wonderful food, I never heard anyone mention that they were hungry later in the evening.

 

Jamil from Joel Salon did my hair and makeup (booked through Dennise/Adventure Weddings). He spoke English, but didn't really copy the pictures I brought. That being said, he did an AMAZING job!! I wouldn't have changed a hair on my head! It's expensive, but worth it, in my opinion.

 

Dennise sent me an email with a link to the reviews Las Caletas board on the forum. After I write my review, I will put a link to it here. Hopefully within a week or so? It's back to work today. :(

 

Originally Posted by lianne View Post

Congrats Branya! So glad you had a beautiful wedding. Just curious did you have a late night snack for your guests? If not did anyone complain about being hungry??? Also who did you use for hair and makeup?  Thanks!!!! Can;t wait to see your review (p.s. where will it be? I can;t seem to find any of the old Las Caletas reviews).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics

×