Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Hi Lianne, thanks for your input!  So does that mean table 9 and 10 will be further away from everyone?  I am afraid that if this is the case, whoever gets those tables might feel left out.  Having it an hour early is such a good idea!  I plan on having mine in april so the sun won't go down until around 8:30 so hopefully that will be good enough!

Originally Posted by lmah View Post

Hi Lianne, thanks for your input!  So does that mean table 9 and 10 will be further away from everyone?  I am afraid that if this is the case, whoever gets those tables might feel left out.  Having it an hour early is such a good idea!  I plan on having mine in april so the sun won't go down until around 8:30 so hopefully that will be good enough!

Ya it does seem like they will be somewhat separated from the others but I'm hoping it'll still be ok.  I'm getting married this April so I can tell you for sure when I get back.  

Originally Posted by lmah View Post

Hi everyone!  Somewhat new to this forum, and i am still trying to decide between Las Caletas and Martoca.  I am slightly leaning towards Las Caletas because it is a special location for my fi and I, and also the fact that it is a private island is just too unique to pass up.  However, I have some concerns with the size of the reception area.  We are anticipating 60+ guests and it seems like the reception area is quite small and looks like a long corridor, correct me if i'm wrong.  I worry that the tables will be too spread out for everyone to enjoy slideshows, toasts, etc.  Any brides who have had a large party there have any insight on this?  Also, my other concern is that it seems to be very dark at Las Caletas once the sun goes down.  I like the idea of everything being lit by just candles and torches, but I am worried about it being too dark.  In the pictures of Martoca it looked so pretty with all the lanterns and strings of light around the palm trees.  So confused! any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Lmah-

We just had our wedding there and we had 85 guests (5 were kiddos).  You are correct, the reception is a long corridor.  They had speakers for the toasts and they gave an announcement for the toasts so some people stepped closer to hear.   There are two tables that are far/off to the side. They were pretty far so we made a special point to go sit with those tables for about 20 minutes.

It was definitely not too dark.  They have spot lights out on the sand to light up the dance floor, plus the bonfire and all the candles and lighting up in the reception area. 

Hi, I just got back from my wedding with 70 people. There were a few tables that were a bit out of the way, I felt a little bit bad but I put a group of young friends who all knew each other so it wasnt so bad. But they do tend to be further away then in the diagram they send to you. 

I do not have a ton of time at the moment to write a large review we got married February 21,2013. If I could sum up this amazing night in one word it would be MAGICAL.  I literally couldnt explain in enough depth how gorgeous, breathtaking, magical our night was.  I was told by every single person (70 people) that is was the most amazing wedding they had been to, it should have been in a movie.  I am telling you, I am a very particular person, and this far exceeded my expectations.  I was speechless with how fabulous Blanca was for the entire night.  From the decor to how smooth the night went to every single little detail. It was the most amazing wedding EVER.  A few details we had 70 people, I had 6 of us girls arrived early to get our hair and makeup done.  We extended our night by an hour which is a must, it went by SO fast I cant even imagine fitting everything in with less than that time.  We had the parrot, fire dancers, great dj, sky lanterns, an absolutely amazing cake...I just could go on and on for days. It was the best wedding I could have never imagined such a perfect amazing night.  Blanca is amazing, she bends over backwards to make this day so special, Eder the photographer was FABULOUS, we are waiting for our professional pictures to be sent, but from the few shots he showed me they look amazing, he was funny, friendly and fabulous. He did a trash the dress photoshoot with us which was a blast!! My most stressful part of the day was hair and makeup...I found the head guy was great but his assistant didnt speak english at all, and my bridesmaids and both moms hair was not what they wanted, in the end it all worked out but it was a bit tough. The guy that did my hair was amazing, makeup was a bit overdone at first but I am not afraid to tell him what I wanted as this was my only day.  In the end it was pretty good.  Overall the most amazing day of our lives. I will be sure to make a most in detail post later with pictures.  But do not panic if they are not getting back to you, I was a bit concerned at times but all in all it turned out perfectly how I had asked. 

Originally Posted by Branya2012 View Post

Don't worry about the makeup! It was so light, it didn't even feel like I was wearing any at all! Seriously! I didn't get a trial done, but I wasn't worried about anything...I let him do what he wanted for my hair and makeup (even though I brought inspiration pictures...he did not really follow them and it was perfect!). I felt like the less I expected to be a certain way, and the less I could be disappointed about. And I was right, I LOVED everything!!

Here's a shot of me having my makeup done. When I first saw myself after my eyebrows were done, I thought they looked way too dark, but it translates to our photographs amazingly! I think he is just putting the finishing touches on here:

Good luck! Try not to stress!

I also got the airbrush which was totally worth it!!! 

I felt like on my mom and grandmother ad mom in law it was not neccesary but on the bridesmaids and me it looked great, perfect photos (i am on oily skinned person and i found it great) I also have a really uneven blotchy complexion.  Here is my hair and make up.  My hair was a bit different than the pictures (which I have heard previously from his clients) but I LOVED it and everyone else said they did too (haha I hope they werent lying but anyways, i loved it thats all that matters!!) 

Hi Lmah- We just had our wedding there and we had 85 guests (5 were kiddos).  You are correct, the reception is a long corridor.  They had speakers for the toasts and they gave an announcement for the toasts so some people stepped closer to hear.   There are two tables that are far/off to the side. They were pretty far so we made a special point to go sit with those tables for about 20 minutes. It was definitely not too dark.  They have spot lights out on the sand to light up the dance floor, plus the bonfire and all the candles and lighting up in the reception area. 
Thanks so much for your response! I was afraid that would be the case but I guess most of the time people are focused on eating anyway so it should be fine. Maybe I'll get most of the speeches out of the way at the rehearsal dinner! :). Is there really no electricity there? I was hoping to add some of those paper lanterns for decoration and I think you have to plug those in?