Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Don't worry about the makeup! It was so light, it didn't even feel like I was wearing any at all! Seriously! I didn't get a trial done, but I wasn't worried about anything...I let him do what he wanted for my hair and makeup (even though I brought inspiration pictures...he did not really follow them and it was perfect!). I felt like the less I expected to be a certain way, and the less I could be disappointed about. And I was right, I LOVED everything!!

Here's a shot of me having my makeup done. When I first saw myself after my eyebrows were done, I thought they looked way too dark, but it translates to our photographs amazingly! I think he is just putting the finishing touches on here:

Good luck! Try not to stress!

Originally Posted by LaLa1116 View Post

Ladies,

A little apprehensive about airbursh makeup.  I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and don't want to look too "unlike myself."  Does it have that heavy, caked-on feeling?  Does it look natural?  I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'm not totally happy with or end up redoing myself.    Anyone get a trial in town before the wedding?  Think a trial would ease my mind about it.  Thoughts or pics would be very helpful.  Thanks, everyone!

Thanks Branya--you look beautiful!!

Is that Joel or Yamil?

And the flower--is that one you purchased for your hair when you bought your flowers or did you get it from somewhere else?

I am trying to get to the point where I have few expectations--I do about just about everything else, but for my hair and make up, I seem to really care!

Originally Posted by Branya2012 View Post

Don't worry about the makeup! It was so light, it didn't even feel like I was wearing any at all! Seriously! I didn't get a trial done, but I wasn't worried about anything...I let him do what he wanted for my hair and makeup (even though I brought inspiration pictures...he did not really follow them and it was perfect!). I felt like the less I expected to be a certain way, and the less I could be disappointed about. And I was right, I LOVED everything!!

Here's a shot of me having my makeup done. When I first saw myself after my eyebrows were done, I thought they looked way too dark, but it translates to our photographs amazingly! I think he is just putting the finishing touches on here:

Good luck! Try not to stress!

You look great! Thanks for setting my mind at ease.  I'll try to let go of expectations a little. ;)

Hi Everyone!  I am new here and have been reading this forum for the last few weeks so thought I would finally join and write a post:)  I am getting married at Las Caletas on 10.24.13, seems far away, but it is already going fast!  This forum has been such a great help so far, and it is what made me choose Las Caletas in the first place.  So thank you!! 

-Brianna

I am confused about whether to have a DJ or not.  I was originally just going to have one so I had one less thing to worry about, but a few of my friends are advising me against it and to just do my own playlist.  

For those that have had the wedding there, how was the music that the DJ played?  What genres did they play and was it current music?  I don't want it to consist of the typical wedding songs (YMCA, macarena, etc...lol).  Were you able to tell the DJ what kind of music to play or did you find they played what they wanted.  

For those that just played their own playlist, were you happy with your choice or did you wish you had the DJ?  

Also, for the boat ride there and back, does the DJ play on there or should I have music for there as well?

Thanks for any help! 

Thanks HappyBride13! That is Yamil. He was really nice. Wasn't too chatty with me, but totally was with my mom! Dennise brought that flower (and another white flower option). Of course you should care, but just expect them to be fabulous!! I didn't mean to imply I didn't care, I just wasn't very specific in my expectations. Weddings are what they do...trust that they'll do everything fabulously!

Originally Posted by HappyBride13 View Post

Thanks Branya--you look beautiful!!

Is that Joel or Yamil?

And the flower--is that one you purchased for your hair when you bought your flowers or did you get it from somewhere else?

I am trying to get to the point where I have few expectations--I do about just about everything else, but for my hair and make up, I seem to really care!

Thanks Lala1116!!

Originally Posted by LaLa1116 View Post

You look great! Thanks for setting my mind at ease.  I'll try to let go of expectations a little. ;)

Congratulations bleissoo! It will go by in a flash, and before you know it your special day will be here!

Originally Posted by bleissoo View Post

Hi Everyone!  I am new here and have been reading this forum for the last few weeks so thought I would finally join and write a post:)  I am getting married at Las Caletas on 10.24.13, seems far away, but it is already going fast!  This forum has been such a great help so far, and it is what made me choose Las Caletas in the first place.  So thank you!! 

-Brianna

@shortensweet007 I'd say hire the DJ. It seems like a lot of money, but then you don't have to worry about it. We weren't going to at first, but then when we realized that someone from our guests would have to be at the music station to press stop and play, we decided to just let the DJ do his thing. He was great, completely took our suggestions that we sent beforehand and took everyone's requests during the wedding. They played music that we suggested for the boat rides, or you can tell them what type of music you want them to play and they'll do that. I think they did a pretty great job at playing to the crowd and they definitely played current music.

Basically, if you choose the DJ, they send you a form to fill out for options for music at all points where it will be played through the night and you don't have to worry about a thing on the big day!

Originally Posted by shortensweet007 View Post

I am confused about whether to have a DJ or not.  I was originally just going to have one so I had one less thing to worry about, but a few of my friends are advising me against it and to just do my own playlist.  

For those that have had the wedding there, how was the music that the DJ played?  What genres did they play and was it current music?  I don't want it to consist of the typical wedding songs (YMCA, macarena, etc...lol).  Were you able to tell the DJ what kind of music to play or did you find they played what they wanted.  

For those that just played their own playlist, were you happy with your choice or did you wish you had the DJ?  

Also, for the boat ride there and back, does the DJ play on there or should I have music for there as well?

Thanks for any help! 

Originally Posted by bleissoo View Post

-Brianna

Hi Brianna!  Welcome to the forum!  October will  be here before you know it... I'm not getting married until November and it feels like it's right around the corner!  Happy planning! :)

Thanks for any help! 

I would also suggest getting the DJ.  We decided to get one last minute and was really glad that we did.  I thought the DJ was great and played all the songs we requested.  He added some of his own but stuck to the style of music we liked.  Otherwise you have to designate someone from your group to handle the music all night.  The DJ does play on the boat.  You can give him a list of songs or types of music you want played for each part of the night and they will get it all for you.

Thanks for any help! 

I just got done with my wedding at Las Caletas this Saturday.  Def. go with the DJ.  He played awesome music and it he read the crowd great and changed songs accordingly.  Otherwise you are going to be having to have someone worry about the songs or fussing with the Ipod.  The DJ also played on the boat ride back and we danced the whole time.  I would def bring music for the boat ride, it helped keep the party going and also folks that were sea sick or queasy said they felt better dancing rather than sitting.

He played zero traditional songs and a lot of cool mashups that were fun to dance too.  We did give him a playlist but told him he had free reign pretty much. The DJ came and met me at the Casita so we could chat briefly about the music and our first dance. It was a mix of current songs, a few awesome throwbacks, and 1-2 songs for the older folks like ACDC, Shout.  All in all so happy we had the DJ.