Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Good call Ann! Yep and the boat ride is like another 45 minutes from what i can remember :-)

I would go for the extra hour as well. I never wanted our night to end! Totally worth the money.

Speaking of pics, I see that Kate's back! Kate we need an LC quick fix LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriB View Post
I agree that not much decoration is needed...it is gorgeous on its own and it sounds like the put a million candles and torches.

I cant wait until next February now!!!
yes there are SOOOOOO many candles...almost all of the light is by candles/torches. here are a couple pics I found, although I know there are more out there...

Tara has a couple good ones here showing the candles
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...wedding-32657/

and this one is from our photog:
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriB View Post
Hey Andi, I am so glad we saw Vallarta Palace. It wasnt really on my list intially but my TA recommended it. We were treated so amazing there from the moment we arrived. Angeles worked out a one night rate for us to stay there last night too so we didnt have to come all the way down again from up north where we are spending the week. She had champagne waiting in our room and a special table at Mar Intimo with flower petals and a candle. It was so nice! We saw Dream PV and didnt like it as well and agree it is a lot further and more difficult to get to the marina. VP is perfect in that respect too: The RIU screwed up my meeting time with them so we didn{t see it and that is fine...looked too big anyways. I think we are def going to book VP if we can get a decent rate. She said if we have around 20 rooms booked we get free private functions as well so we can have a great welcome dinner there. Andi...where did you have your welcome dinner

So happy we did the LC site visit and toured the hotels...couldnt be happier with the decisions we made.

Cant find the apostrophe or question mark on this Mexican keyboard...sorry for the typing!!
glad you are having a good time!!!!! smile159.gif bring back pics!

so we had our welcome dinner on the triton pool terrace...basically right next to and in between the pool and the pool bar. here is a pic of the set up (as viewed from our room)
Click the image to open in full size.
we also had an AMAZING sunset where our photogs were able to take great pics of everyone too. we didn't have enough rooms booked to get the free private event but even still it was pretty reasonably priced I thought. one thing that sorta sucked was that we had 6 guests who came to the welcome dinner but were not staying at VP. we had a guest pass for those guests but VP security watched them like a hawk and wouldn't let them in the door until 6:00 on the dot. not a big deal, just FYI. let me know if you have more questions about VP and I can try to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
don't forget that the party continues on the boat ride!
oh yes it does!!!! haha I ended up on the boat with a bottle of tequila in one hand and glow sticks in the other dancing around the boat! then one of the LC staffers gave me a life vest and tied the bottle of tequila to the bottom of the life vest! wink.gif party def continues on the boat back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
IMO you could easily skimp on some of the extra flowers or centerpieces. LC is beautiful as is and doesn't really need a lot of decoration. Other than my bouquet and the table arrangement that our package came with we didn't add anything except for a bag of rose petals for the aisles.
i was going to say the same exact thing! the things I would NOT skip on are the firedancers and the extra time.

and for sure the party continues on the boat - heck it starts on the boat! we had trouble getting people off the boat both ways rolleyes.gif

Quote:
oh yes it does!!!! haha I ended up on the boat with a bottle of tequila in one hand and glow sticks in the other dancing around the boat! then one of the LC staffers gave me a life vest and tied the bottle of tequila to the bottom of the life vest! wink.gif party def continues on the boat back
where is the picture of this?! there HAS to be one! share!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post
Hi girls!
We went to Las Caletas for "Rythems of the Night." I thought of each and every one of you as I stood on that beach after dinner:) What a special place!
I'll work on pics but they aren't that great in the darksad.gif
awww that is sweet Kate! Hope you guys had a good trip to PV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
where is the picture of this?! there HAS to be one! share!!!
rofl.gif oh there is one...even a couple pro ones! I looked for them yesterday but they aren't on my work computer. I will get one posted tonight though when I get home wink.gif

Loved it all except the port... they lined us up and put stickers on it. I know, they have to but way too touristy for me! But once we got there it was AMAZING. I thought my night settings on the camera were working but not so much with all of the flickering light. So bummed! I'll post what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeavila View Post
I too was concerned about not havign enough time. I am having the mariachi band play and was concerned about the timeline so I email Kelley and this is her response:
I would love to be able to provide you with a timeline. Can you first give me a better idea of how many guests we are working with. The mode of transportation affects the timeline. So, for instance, if you take a Sailboat, you leave the marina at 2:30 pm…. If you take the faster boat, you leave the main marina terminal at 4:00 pm….. Ceremony, initially in both cases is at 5:30 pm – and dinner starts around 6:45pm……

With the mariachis, I would have them start probably a little after the boat arrives, give your guests a moment to use the bathroom if they need to and freshen up, then start them. So they would play before the ceremony, after the ceremony and into dinner. Does this helphuh.gif

Ceremony then usually lasts 15 minutes…..
OK! So I think that I figured out why we have a different time line and why your ceremony starts so much earlier than mine. I was reading up on the different packages and I think that we have just booked different wedding packages and the time line is different because of that.

I booked the Platinum..or "premiere" package. Did you book the same one? Or one of the other packages?