Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)


  • Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#841 SheriB

SheriB
  • Member
  • 597 posts

    Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

    My wedding was three weeks ago down there and PV felt so safe.  We stayed in Nuevo Vallarta, walked one day down the beach to Bucerias and took a taxi into PV for an afternoon.  We never felt worried or unsafe at all.  I had many older aunts and uncles some of whom were worried before we went and they all felt totally comfortable.  I don't think anyone had a moment's worry.  People were talking while down there wondering where all the bad press comes from...definitely not PV! 

     

    I did have video done by a friend of mine - not Vallarta Adventures.  I am so glad I got it done because everything flies by so fast I can't wait to relive it through the video!

     



    #842 choeft201

    choeft201
    • Jr. Member
    • 156 posts

      Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

      Happy wedding shower weekend for the few of you that I know have it this weekend..Mine is today..excited and a bit nervous


      Puerto Vallarta...June 18th, 2011

      #843 kya101

      kya101
      • Member
      • 645 posts

        Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

        I have a question for past brides whether you brought your own chair covers, linens, table runners, etc., or if they were provided? And if you used the provided ones were there color options? I thought I would find out on here if at all possible so I don't have to bug Kelley with this... I know how busy she must be getting all these amazing weddings together. Thanks... any help at all is much appreciated!!



        #844 Karen&Rene

        Karen&Rene
        • Jr. Member
        • 190 posts

          Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

          I haven't had my wedding yet, but I do know that they provide white chair covers, white linens, and table runners in a variety of colors (I've seen brown, teal, pink) all included in the price of the premium package.  Some girls have brought their own table cloths if they wanted something specific.  They also offer chair sashes in a variety of colors at an extra cost. 

           

          I am all for asking questions on here instead of contacting Kelley, especially after that most recent mass email!  Poor girl!  Working 114 hours a week is crazy, especially when you have a husband and four year old at home.
           

          Originally Posted by kya101 

          I have a question for past brides whether you brought your own chair covers, linens, table runners, etc., or if they were provided? And if you used the provided ones were there color options? I thought I would find out on here if at all possible so I don't have to bug Kelley with this... I know how busy she must be getting all these amazing weddings together. Thanks... any help at all is much appreciated!!



           



          #845 kya101

          kya101
          • Member
          • 645 posts

            Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:33 PM


            Thank you so much that is very helpful!! I know it's a huge relief to have this forum so I can bug all of you brides instead of Kelley for these kind of questions. I feel so badly for her also after reading that email. I wish there was something more I could do for her, I've only spoke with her a few times, but everytime she has been amazing and I would hate to lose her!!!! Thanks again!!!
             

            Originally Posted by Karen&Rene 

            I haven't had my wedding yet, but I do know that they provide white chair covers, white linens, and table runners in a variety of colors (I've seen brown, teal, pink) all included in the price of the premium package.  Some girls have brought their own table cloths if they wanted something specific.  They also offer chair sashes in a variety of colors at an extra cost. 

             

            I am all for asking questions on here instead of contacting Kelley, especially after that most recent mass email!  Poor girl!  Working 114 hours a week is crazy, especially when you have a husband and four year old at home.
             



             



             



            #846 adevnturelovers

            adevnturelovers
            • Newbie
            • 120 posts

              Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

              Hi yes I agree, I asked her if there was anything we the brides can do for her? Maybe write a letter to her bosses to let them know how important she is to Las Caletas. I Know for myself having a great wedding coordiantor was a huge deal for me, I decided against 2 resorts I was originally going to have my wedding at just because of the lack of/ poor communication with the wedding coordinators. Once I talked to Kelley one time , automatically I was like THANK the Heavens! She is so great. Every time I email her She gives me such great responses and even extra info. I hope she is able to get a helper who is as enthusiastic as she is, I would hate to lose her too.



              #847 choeft201

              choeft201
              • Jr. Member
              • 156 posts

                Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

                I agree...I was not going to tip much but after all of the work she has done and knowing that her pay was cut when she was already having a hard time ( I hung out with her in August 2010) I'm working a large tip into my budget.


                Puerto Vallarta...June 18th, 2011

                #848 nathanielthompsonphoto

                nathanielthompsonphoto
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,213 posts

                  Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

                  Kelley RULES!!!!!  She is, hands down, the best destination coordinator I have worked with.  She is an amazing asset to Las Caletas, and one of the main reasons I boast about Las Caletas to any who will listen.  I don't know what mass email she sent to you all - but I pray she stays, gets competent help, and adequate $$$$$ compensation from Vallarta Adventures.  She (and previously with Nicole in 2009 and prior) has built Las Caletas weddings into a lucrative business venture for Vallarta Adventures.   I have 4 weddings there in 2011 and I know all will go beautifully if Kelley is there to coordinate them. 



                  #849 jen_matt

                  jen_matt
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:14 AM

                    I was appalled at how hard she is working and at the fact they were trying to cut her pay.  To work that many hours is completely crazy.  I would love to help and write a letter if she says that would be the best way.  Please let me know.  I agree with the importance of an amazing wedding coordinator.  I don't honestly know what i would do without her help.  I have sent her so many emails, but I always try to find out information on here first too.  Thankfully this tread is still going and so many girls are involved in answering questions.  Hopefully she is able to continue answering everyone's questions while finding more time to hang out with her four year old and hubby.  
                     

                    Originally Posted by adevnturelovers 

                    Hi yes I agree, I asked her if there was anything we the brides can do for her? Maybe write a letter to her bosses to let them know how important she is to Las Caletas. I Know for myself having a great wedding coordiantor was a huge deal for me, I decided against 2 resorts I was originally going to have my wedding at just because of the lack of/ poor communication with the wedding coordinators. Once I talked to Kelley one time , automatically I was like THANK the Heavens! She is so great. Every time I email her She gives me such great responses and even extra info. I hope she is able to get a helper who is as enthusiastic as she is, I would hate to lose her too.



                     



                    #850 lizajane12

                    lizajane12
                    • Newbie
                    • 8 posts

                      Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

                      I would be up for participating in some kind of letter as well. Caletas as our end-all decision because of Kelley!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users