Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#521 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by AliMcBaal 

Thx Rachel - very good info to know about the Mismaloya area. 

We are thinking about Barcelo as a resort - how did you/your guests like it?  What kind of vibe was it? (we have a pretty wild group) We read on TripAdvisor people got sick from the food... how was your experience there?  One last question, how far/easy was it to get to the downtown area?

Well I stayed there back in 2008 so I can't comment on the food- although no one was sick on our trip.  As for tripadvisor, I take all that info with a grain of salt.  You can get sick anywhere and another thing to think about with buffets- it might not necessarily be the food, but rather people having dirty hands and using the utensils to dish up their food.  So you can wash your hands before you go to the buffet, but it doesn't do any good unless EVERYONE does it.  I always pack hand sanitzer and give my hands a good dousing before eating the food.

As for the hotel, we stayed there two weeks- and the first week was spring break.  It was pretty wild in the pool at times.  However, once all our guests left and we honeymooned the second week, it was much more calm and old people-ish.  It was fine for us, but I'm not sure if our group made it fun or if the resort did- kwim?

Very easy to get to downtown.  You can always take a taxi, but we just walked across the street and caught the bus.  It came every 15 mins and dropped you off right downtown.  We used it basically each time we went in, except on the wedding day.  We paid for taxis there and back for our guests.

Happily married since 2008

#522 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
    • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

U are all great, thanks so much for the help.  I'm waiting for Kelley to respond to a few of my questions and hopefully we'll be able to move forward with locking in a date. :)  *fingers crossed*

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
      San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#523 **Kat**

**Kat**
      • 2,682 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

YAY! that is so exciting!

#524 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
        • 370 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi Alison!

My wedding is coming up this October and this is the timetable I was given...

Timetable

Jaime     Group
          Depart Vallarta 8:30am Depart Vallarta 4:00pm
          Arrive to Caletas 10:15am Arrive to Caletas 5:00pm
          Lunch   1:00pm Ceremony   5:30pm
          Stylist   3:00pm Cocktail Hour   5:45pm
          Ready By   4:30pm Dinner   6:15pm
          Group Arrives 5:00pm Reception   6:45pm
          Ceremony   5:30pm Depart Caletas 8:30pm
                Return   9:30pm

We have to get back early though because we are arriving on a cruise ship.  I hope this helps!

Jaime

P.S.   

#525 hulagirl132

hulagirl132
          • 194 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

I'm so happy I found this thread. Thank you for the "search" feature.

I'm still deciding on my date to get married at PV. My original Aug-Sep 2011 months are PV's rainy season. Will have to do it sooner than expected May-June 2011 or late October 2011.

I love that the previous brides are Las Caletas are so responsive and very helpful. Thank you  ladies

~Married at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta on May 30, 2011~

#526 **Kat**

**Kat**
            • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

I got married in May and it was wonderful! I little warm.. but not "too warm"

#527 hulagirl132

hulagirl132
              • 194 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Thank you for sharing your pictures and for de-lurking :)

I love the photos, there are so many good photographers in PV.

I like wedding gown design that your wife wore. Can you share what designer she bought that gown from? 

Thanks~ Lea

~Married at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta on May 30, 2011~

#528 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by hulagirl132 

I'm so happy I found this thread. Thank you for the "search" feature.

I'm still deciding on my date to get married at PV. My original Aug-Sep 2011 months are PV's rainy season. Will have to do it sooner than expected May-June 2011 or late October 2011.

I love that the previous brides are Las Caletas are so responsive and very helpful. Thank you  ladies

Thank YOU for using the search feature, you'd be surprised how many people don't!

That's what happened to us - I didn't want to wait the full year to get married in the Fall, so I chose a June wedding.  it was warm, but hey, it's a beach wedding in Mexico.  but i wouldn't have changed a thing!

good luck in your planning!

#529 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                  • 307 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

I am getting suppper excited! Kelley and I are planning all the little details now.  We did decide on the DJ.  It was too stressful worrying about the music on my own.  Did anyone have fireworks there?  I cant believe the cost...$1200 for 2 minutes!! I wish.  How is everyone elses planning?  the only major thing we have going on is mexicana's bankruptcy.  Still trying to wait out the high prices on flights for those (including us) that need to rebook flights.

#530 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

oh the details are the fun part!

no fireworks for us, we just couldn't justify the cost. we lucked out though, on our wedding day the International Fireworks Show or something was there so they were shooting a TON off from PV, from Caletas they were just in the distance but hey I got my fireworks! ;) Anyways, it just wasn't worth the cost IMO.

oooh when is your wedding? I hope prices do drop for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users