Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#191 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

andi, where is that picture?!

#192 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

WAIT 10 days til the baby's due date?! HOLY MOLY! congrats Tara!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      andi, where is that picture?!
      oopsie! sorry forgot...here they are though!!! you will notice that the photog nicely cropped myhead off the second one...haha I think I had major drunk face or something on that one Oh and then in the third one, that is Nicole in the background making sure I don't fall over! In my defense though the boat was rocking!
      Click the image to open in full size.

#193 SheriB

SheriB
      • 597 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

Love the pictures Andi!!! I have to tell you that I had a look through all your photos and threads and I want your wedding!! Just warning you so you don't think I am a stalker...!

As you know I am already booked for Las Caletas. I am working on Vallarta Palace as we fell in love with it last week. I LOVE your dress... you look absolutely gorgeous! My colours are pink, orange and some lime green... etc, etc! Oh yeah and your photog was amazing!! So....I will be picking your brain if you don't mind!

#194 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,490 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SheriB
          Love the pictures Andi!!! I have to tell you that I had a look through all your photos and threads and I want your wedding!! Just warning you so you don't think I am a stalker...!

As you know I am already booked for Las Caletas. I am working on Vallarta Palace as we fell in love with it last week. I LOVE your dress... you look absolutely gorgeous! My colours are pink, orange and some lime green... etc, etc! Oh yeah and your photog was amazing!! So....I will be picking your brain if you don't mind!

Aww pick away, I truly had so much fun planning my wedding and now it is fun to help everyone else! Let me know what you have questions about I can try to help!

#195 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

haa love those pictures andi!

#196 cupishalfempty

cupishalfempty
            • 157 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

Why did I have to read this forum? now you have us thinking about spending 10 times more that we were going to before I joined.

It looks gorgeous! but I have a lot more reading to do.

Billy
              Dec 30th 2011. Las Caletas - Puerto Vallarta

#197 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
              • 370 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:26 AM

I got my dress yesterday... so exciting!! Just had to share my happiness :-)

#198 ldeavila

ldeavila
                • 206 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by butterfly4kathy2
                  OK! So I think that I figured out why we have a different time line and why your ceremony starts so much earlier than mine. I was reading up on the different packages and I think that we have just booked different wedding packages and the time line is different because of that.

I booked the Platinum..or "premiere" package. Did you book the same one? Or one of the other packages?
                  Aha!!! Mystery solved! LOL! Yes, I booked the middle package ( i think its called the Paradise package). But we might upgrade to the Premiere package because we are havig more people than we originally anticipated. I wonder if we can still keep the same timeline. I think I'd rather have the ceremony earlier....
                  [IMG]
                  Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#199 Ms. Havasu

Ms. Havasu
                  • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

I'm Back!

Wow! It was even more beautiful than I had expected. I knew it was going to be the perfect place. Everyone treats you so nice.

I did things a little different so I'll try and recall the details as best as I can for future brides choosing to do the cruise wedding dealio.

THE CRUISE:

We wanted to take a family cruise (and friends too) to get married. We thought about a destination wedding and figured it would be more affordable to do a cruise out of Los Angeles since most of our family live in Calif. we wouldn't have airfare and most meals would be included. Guests could attend and have a one week vacation for as little as 450.00 if they booked an inside room.

We thought about getting married on the ship but when we learned that you had to get married in port before we sail (The whole county license thing), we just didn't want to get married on such a strict timeline in Long beach. I decided to try and find a beach wedding at one of the ports.

I had never been to any of the ports (P.V., Mazatlan, Cabo) before so I just googled Puerto Vallarta Wedding (First port) and Las Celetas was the first site that I clicked on. It looked awesome. What appealed to me the most was that it didn't seem commercialized. I had been to friend’s destination weddings and I hated how people were walking past staring at the wedding and allot of commercial activity going on in the back round (jet skis, para sailing etc.). I immediately booked the day our ship was in port (wed 2/24/2010) and then booked our cruise. When I told my Finance' daughter she told me she had read about Las Celetas on this site and I should visit here for more info. So basically I dumb lucked into the best place on the Mexican Rivera to get married.

We had 30 friends and family sail with us. Each booked their own cruise through Carnival. I had each one link their booking number to ours so we would all have dinner at the same time and seated near each other. Well that didn't work very well at all. My advices if I were to do it all again is call carnival and go directly to group sales so they can coordinate it better. The mater dai (SP) did get most of us together after the second night. I didn't get anything from Carnival and we booked 17 staterooms (perhaps if I had gone through group sales I may have gotten a reduced fare or at least a bottle of wine.

We went on the Carnival Splendor from Long Beach which is one of their newest ships. All my guest had a great time (probably enjoyed themselves more than I did because I had to keep track of my 3 handicapped brothers and my 84 year old dad who doesn't get around too good and I was constantly worried that I might not be spending enough time with each guest.)

We booked the steakhouse for the night before the wedding (Tuesday) for our rehearsal dinner/ bachelor party. It was nice to have everyone together in a smaller room so we could make sure everyone was at the right place at the right time the next day. The cost was 30.00 per person and with drinks, and tip (optional) it ran approx 1400.00. The food was exceptional at the steakhouse (this would be a 100.00 pp meal at a 5 star restaurant). Several of my guests went back one or two more nights on their own. I booked it about 3 weeks in advance through carnivals website. They said it was the largest group they have ever served and could only serve one table at a time (So some tables were having desert while other tables were having their appetizer.) No big deal we just socialized a little longer.

All and all the cruise experience was great.

Las Celetas:
                    We pulled into port at 9:00, our kids sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room so we started the day quite on our balcony. (We booked the balconies on the 8th deck at the back of the ship which was two or three times the size of a normal balcony). Then I met Kelley at 10:00 on the dock. I took my Maid of Honor and my Camera man & his wife with me. We went to las caletas on the normal excursion boat with tourist doing the day trip. Saw a school of whales on the way, music and drinks were provided. Brad (the officiate) was also on board and helped carry our bags. Once we arrived at las caletas we went straight to the bridal suit.

It's a pretty steep walk up the hill carrying bags. There was Champagne waiting for us. We had a little lunch and then took showers to start getting ready. The Hair & Makeup guy came about 1 hour after we got there so it was time to start getting ready. I'm 50 and I got to tell you this guy took 15 years off my face. I actually felt pretty for the first time in several years. I'm so glad I spent the extra money to have a professional do the hair and makeup. When he finished, Kelley came by to let us know they were leaving to go get our guest (and my groom) I think it was approx 2:30.

We relaxed for about 30 min. (had another drink) and then we got into our dresses. We were ready 30 min later when they arrived. My daughter came up to the bridal suite with my granddaughter (the flower girl) to get her freshened up. She commented that I looked so calm like I was ready to go. She said she was a nervous wreck before her wedding and felt like she was rushed and not ready. The whole experience was very relaxing and I was totally ready.

Then Kelley came and said the guests are all getting seated and we would be going down in a few minutes. The path way down is a little steep and with a long dress on I was focused on not eating it on the way down. I wore sandals that I kicked off just before I turned the corner where the wedding was. OMG, it was stunning! Right on the water’s edge. The waves were crashing just a few feet away (one actually caught my camera man a little).
                    Brad did a very nice ceremony, I loved everything about it (He photographs well too).

After the ceremony we took a few pictures of the wedding party on the beach while the other guest went to the reception area and had a cocktail. This is where I really messed up. I didn't realize how fast the reception time would go and how fast we would lose our light. John and I went to the reception and had a drink or two. Than we had dinner, cut the cake and BAM it was dark and we had decided to go to the rhythm of the night show to end the evening. We never got any family pictures. I had our 4 children & their spouses all dressed in aqua blue dresses and the guys in black Mexican wedding shirts and so we would all look great in the photos and never got one group wedding picture. After the show we basically went straight to the boat to return to the cruise ship with the other guest for the rhythm of the night show. It went very fast.

The guest enjoyed the show but I think I would have rather spent the extra 45 minutes just enjoying my guest with a couple more cocktails and take more pictures of our family and friends. It just went by way too fast.

They actually do the rhythm of the night show earlier to accommodate the cruise ships departure time.

All and all everything was perfect. Kelly and her staff go above and beyond. They take care of everything so you can just relax and enjoy your day. John & I want to return and just enjoy las caletas together sometime soon.

I'll try and post some pics next.
                    Michele

#200 SheriB

SheriB
                    • 597 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

Sounds wonderful Michele!! So glad you had a nice day. Did you use Fernando for the hair and make up? Can't wait to see pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users