Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)


  • Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#1891 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
  • Site Supporter
  • 168 posts

    Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

    Ladies,

     

    A little apprehensive about airbursh makeup.  I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and don't want to look too "unlike myself."  Does it have that heavy, caked-on feeling?  Does it look natural?  I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'm not totally happy with or end up redoing myself.    Anyone get a trial in town before the wedding?  Think a trial would ease my mind about it.  Thoughts or pics would be very helpful.  Thanks, everyone!



    #1892 MarriednMex

    MarriednMex
    • Newbie
    • 24 posts

      Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

      Originally Posted by HappyBride13 

      MarriedNMex--It is almost our turns!! 
       


      I know, I just started packing today!  Man, I didn't think I would be packing so much, but alas, here I am with 1 full suitcase packed and that doesn't include any of my stuff!!!!



      #1893 MarriednMex

      MarriednMex
      • Newbie
      • 24 posts

        Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

        Hey guys-

         

        Anyone know if there is a place to change?  I am going to be wearing a different dress for the reception (fiance gets his short dress).  I heard the casita gets locked up and it isn't like I can just shimmy out of my dress super easy.
         



        #1894 HappyBride13

        HappyBride13
        • Newbie
        • 35 posts

          Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

          I hear that airbrush make up is very light, looks super natural and is the perfect answer for having professional make up done if you dn't usually wear a lot of make up.  Not only is it light, but it stays on for a long time! 

          I am having a trail done becasue I want to be relaxed on my wedding day and not knowing how my hair and make up are going to turn out woudl stress me out.  It is not cheap, but to me, the sress release is worth the price!



          #1895 HappyBride13

          HappyBride13
          • Newbie
          • 35 posts

            Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

            The only place I can think of is the area above the eating area--where the boys change.  I am not sure how open it is... I know the bathrooms are small (stalls) and there is only candle light (don't catch your dress on fire!) but that area might be your best bet.  I am still undecided about chaning afterwards but if I do, I will do it there.  My dress is not too big, though....only one layer of poofiness underneath and light material.



            #1896 HappyBride13

            HappyBride13
            • Newbie
            • 35 posts

              Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

              Yayay!  I haven't put anything in suitcases yet (hope it fits!) but have it all laid out!  I think I will end up asking my fiance to take all the wedding-related stuff since my bag will be at the limit (50 pounds on US Air) with just my clothes!

               

              What day do you fly down?  My fiance is counting down to the wedding day (Monday--12 days) but I am counting down to the day I have to be ready to leave (next Thursday--8 days!)!

               

              So exciting!

              Attached Files



              #1897 LaLa1116

              LaLa1116
              • Site Supporter
              • 168 posts

                Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

                Originally Posted by HappyBride13 

                I hear that airbrush make up is very light, looks super natural and is the perfect answer for having professional make up done if you dn't usually wear a lot of make up.  Not only is it light, but it stays on for a long time! 

                I am having a trail done becasue I want to be relaxed on my wedding day and not knowing how my hair and make up are going to turn out woudl stress me out.  It is not cheap, but to me, the sress release is worth the price!

                I think I will do the same, just for peace of mind.  Thanks for the input!



                #1898 LaLa1116

                LaLa1116
                • Site Supporter
                • 168 posts

                  Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

                  Originally Posted by MarriednMex 

                  Hey guys-

                   

                  Anyone know if there is a place to change?  I am going to be wearing a different dress for the reception (fiance gets his short dress).  I heard the casita gets locked up and it isn't like I can just shimmy out of my dress super easy.
                   

                  I asked Blanca about this because I plan on changing for the reception as well but also read the casita would be closed & dark.   The bathrooms are definitely too small. She said they could walk me back up to the casita with a flashlight or we could figure something else out, so don't worry. :)



                  #1899 MarriednMex

                  MarriednMex
                  • Newbie
                  • 24 posts

                    Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

                    Originally Posted by HappyBride13 

                    Yayay!  I haven't put anything in suitcases yet (hope it fits!) but have it all laid out!  I think I will end up asking my fiance to take all the wedding-related stuff since my bag will be at the limit (50 pounds on US Air) with just my clothes!

                     

                    What day do you fly down?  My fiance is counting down to the wedding day (Monday--12 days) but I am counting down to the day I have to be ready to leave (next Thursday--8 days!)!

                     

                    So exciting!


                    We are leaving this Monday!  My suitcase it at its limit.  We had a shipping debacle (thanks Mexican customs) and all our wedding favors/out of town cups got shipped back to us :(



                    #1900 MarriednMex

                    MarriednMex
                    • Newbie
                    • 24 posts

                      Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

                      Originally Posted by LaLa1116 

                      I asked Blanca about this because I plan on changing for the reception as well but also read the casita would be closed & dark.   The bathrooms are definitely too small. She said they could walk me back up to the casita with a flashlight or we could figure something else out, so don't worry. :)


                      There is apparently a place that is being renovated that can be used as a pumping/nursing station that I am wondering I can use. I asked Dennise about a private place to pump with electricity since we have several nursing mom's (myself included) who will need to pump at least once during the night.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users