Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#1831 HeatherK

HeatherK
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I am using them both (pictures & video)...from what I've seen on the Vallarta Adventures website their work looks great! 

#1832 weliaslo

weliaslo
    • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by HappyBride13 

Has anyone used, or planning to use, Eder Acevedo or Sandra Briones for photo and video?  The products look good but many LC brides seem to use other Puerto Vallarta photographers....makes me wonder what they know that I don't know!

I've looked at TONS of albums of weddings they've photographed at Las Caletas and they are all good. Plus it has to help they know the venue so well. The only reason we went with another photographer was that they offered a discount (on weekdays) and offered a ton more photos plus an additional one-hour session for the same price. Unfortunately there is a $300 fee VA charges for bringing an outside photographer in, but with the discount our photographer offered it pretty much evened out.

If you're happy with your choice, stick with it! One less thing to worry about. 

#1833 HappyBride13

HappyBride13
      • 35 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thak you both for your reassurance----for the sake of convenience, I will use them!  Any thoughts on a second shooter (an extra photographer/videographer to get shots from another angle)?  I can afford one for either the videographer OR the photographer (I will have one of each) and can't decide where to add the second shooter!

Thanks again!

#1834 Future Bride

Future Bride
        • 34 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from my wedding at Las Caletas and honeymoon!  The wedding was amazing and overall one of the best experiences of our lives :)  Las Caletas was even more beautiful than I imagined and I wish I could do it all over because it went by way too fast.  I am going to write a full review very shortly but wanted to wait so I can include some of my professional photos because it was so dark that most of the guest photos didn't turn out.  Although it was the most wonderful day, there were a few problems throughout so I'll try to be critical in my review to save some of you from the same issues but don't worry you have made the right decision.  I saw several resort weddings while I was down there for two weeks and although nice they can't compare to a Las Caletas wedding :)  Promise more info coming soon!

-Kim  

#1835 LaLa1116

LaLa1116
          • Site Supporter
          • 168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Future Bride 

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from my wedding at Las Caletas and honeymoon!  The wedding was amazing and overall one of the best experiences of our lives :)  Las Caletas was even more beautiful than I imagined and I wish I could do it all over because it went by way too fast.  I am going to write a full review very shortly but wanted to wait so I can include some of my professional photos because it was so dark that most of the guest photos didn't turn out.  Although it was the most wonderful day, there were a few problems throughout so I'll try to be critical in my review to save some of you from the same issues but don't worry you have made the right decision.  I saw several resort weddings while I was down there for two weeks and although nice they can't compare to a Las Caletas wedding :)  Promise more info coming soon!

-Kim  

Kim,

Welcome back! So glad it was wonderful!  Can't wait to see pics and read your review! 

#1836 Branya2012

Branya2012
            • 200 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi ladies!

We just got back from our honeymoon yesterday!! As Kim mentioned above, Las Caletas is even more beautiful in person! Photos and words just cannot begin to describe it. Brad and I had an amazing wedding day, no hiccups whatsoever (other than the one day my mom got sick during her two weeks in Puerto Vallarta was the day of the wedding!), it was honestly perfect!

I will do a full review once I have some time. We didn't have any problems with the lighting, though it did get dark very soon after the ceremony. We are so glad that we did first look pictures and pictures before the ceremony. Any questions, just ask! I cannot wait to sit down and recap our amazing day!!

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#1837 lianne

lianne
              • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Branya2012 

Hi ladies!

We just got back from our honeymoon yesterday!! As Kim mentioned above, Las Caletas is even more beautiful in person! Photos and words just cannot begin to describe it. Brad and I had an amazing wedding day, no hiccups whatsoever (other than the one day my mom got sick during her two weeks in Puerto Vallarta was the day of the wedding!), it was honestly perfect!

I will do a full review once I have some time. We didn't have any problems with the lighting, though it did get dark very soon after the ceremony. We are so glad that we did first look pictures and pictures before the ceremony. Any questions, just ask! I cannot wait to sit down and recap our amazing day!!

Congrats Branya! So glad you had a beautiful wedding. Just curious did you have a late night snack for your guests? If not did anyone complain about being hungry??? Also who did you use for hair and makeup?  Thanks!!!! Can;t wait to see your review (p.s. where will it be? I can;t seem to find any of the old Las Caletas reviews).  

#1838 Branya2012

Branya2012
                • 200 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks Lianne!

We did not have a late night snack and no one complained of being hungry at all. We did have wedding cake, which was passed around right after we cut it and had our first dance, but I would recommend to ask if you could have the cake (if you are having one) passed around a bit later, if you are worried about that. There is so so so much wonderful food, I never heard anyone mention that they were hungry later in the evening.

Jamil from Joel Salon did my hair and makeup (booked through Dennise/Adventure Weddings). He spoke English, but didn't really copy the pictures I brought. That being said, he did an AMAZING job!! I wouldn't have changed a hair on my head! It's expensive, but worth it, in my opinion.

Dennise sent me an email with a link to the reviews Las Caletas board on the forum. After I write my review, I will put a link to it here. Hopefully within a week or so? It's back to work today. :(

Originally Posted by lianne 

Congrats Branya! So glad you had a beautiful wedding. Just curious did you have a late night snack for your guests? If not did anyone complain about being hungry??? Also who did you use for hair and makeup?  Thanks!!!! Can;t wait to see your review (p.s. where will it be? I can;t seem to find any of the old Las Caletas reviews).  

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#1839 lianne

lianne
                  • 134 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

That's great! Thanks Branya!

#1840 BrideDaisy

BrideDaisy
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 29 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Las Caletas

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

I found this and thought it was very interesting and wanted to share the link.

http://www.bestdesti...or#post_1845943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users