Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#1131 jeigh02

jeigh02
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

This is all very good to know. I'm getting married on a Saturday so hopefully these options are available for us. $76pp is a little steep for a boat ride.

#1132 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
    • 83 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for sharing this info Lesley!  SUPER helpful.

I noticed the boys weren't carrying any of their clothes on the small boat - does Kelley transport it the morning of / day before or something?

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
      San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#1133 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
      • 230 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

They actually did carry it with them, I just think they stuffed it somewhere in the boat so it wouldn't get wet.

#1134 ErinKeely

ErinKeely
        • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi Everyone! My name is Erin and my fiance and I are having a Las Caletas wedding on Dec. 30, 2011. We are getting so excited. I've just started to use this website and I am getting pretty overwhelmed with the amount of posts on the LC forum. If anyone has any tips on where to start that would be great! Also, I have not started planning many details yet with Kelley, any idea when the actual planning starts? I emailed her today but she just back from vacay so she may not respond for a few days.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Erin

#1135 JMikla

JMikla
          • 189 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Sorry when I answered I didn't even think of that.  My finace and his boys are coming over later in the day at 2 from Boca.  It must have been a long day when I answered your question.  Sorry.

Originally Posted by AliMcBaal 

I've ready earlier on this thread that they worked out with Kelley to have the guys come over on the employee boats that leave from a different marina to save on costs.

I'm going to have the same issue as I need to have my fiance, his 8 groomsmen, and our fathers to come over before the general guests.  I can't afford the almost $1K additional just to transport the boys over on a separate boat before the other guests!  That seems very steep.

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
            70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#1136 hulagirl132

hulagirl132
            • 194 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi Ladies,

After our Las Caletas wedding and spending a week in Mexico and then traveling 2.5 weeks for our honeymoon....let just say, there were some post vacation blues around our house. It has been a whirlwind of a month.

To all the future LC brides on this forum, cherish the time you have in LC and during your stay Puerto Vallarta. It goes by so fast, it will be memorable, our families are still talking about it and now the excitement is renewed because our pro-pics are ready.

Instead of doing a full review on the forum, I am posting a recap of my wedding day on my blog. I started with a recap #1, Getting Ready at Las Caletas. Here is the link if you want to check it out: http://healthycoconu...-getting-ready/

Our photographer Nate Broshot also has pictures up on his blog:  www.licensetostill.com --> http://licensetostil...ing-las-caleta/

Now I'm off to catch up on the posts I've missed.

~ Lea

~Married at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta on May 30, 2011~

#1137 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
              • 83 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

You look BEAUTIFUL Lea!!!

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
                San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#1138 hulagirl132

hulagirl132
                • 194 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Thank you so  much :)

Originally Posted by AliMcBaal 

You look BEAUTIFUL Lea!!!

#1139 jeigh02

jeigh02
                  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hey ladies,

I noticed that some brides had the beads hanging from their Chuppa's. Did that cost extra and if so how much? Did you have to bring them yourselves or did Kelley provide them for you?

Also, I'm having approx 60people attend the wedding. I'm just wondering how many tables I would need. I'm trying to order my table # signs

THanks for the help!

#1140 hulagirl132

hulagirl132
                    • 194 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

I requested the beads fro the chuppa, at first Kelley said it wasn't available anymore (somehow it got all tangled up and got ruined) but luckily during the day of the wedding, she was able to find another one in her storage/supplies and we are able to have it. I think the beads is something another bride brought over and left with Las Caletas after the wedding and is just being used if requested. Hopefully it will still be available for your wedding. If you want, you can bring your own to make sure that the beads are available.

When I was looking, they were available for $20-$30 for purchase online.

Originally Posted by jeigh02 

Hey ladies,

I noticed that some brides had the beads hanging from their Chuppa's. Did that cost extra and if so how much? Did you have to bring them yourselves or did Kelley provide them for you?

Also, I'm having approx 60people attend the wedding. I'm just wondering how many tables I would need. I'm trying to order my table # signs

THanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users