Not looking for love...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

5 1/2 years ago I was going through the worse divorce (my point of view of course). My ex-husband cheated & got another woman pregnant. I swore I was done, I would just focus on my career. In the meantime I met J online and we started chatting. He too went through a divorce & we found comfort in our conversations. 6 months after filing for my divorce it was final & I met J in person. We had so much fun together & he made me laugh, something I hadn't done in a long time.

He drove 2 hours to see me every weekend, even in snow storms. In July 2008 we started talking about getting married but we wanted to wait to get engaged until x-mas (we are both type A planners). One day while we were at the mall he suggested looking at rings & I found one I loved but of course, July wasn't in our plan. My birthday was at the end of July & I was not feeling well & he insisted we meet for dinner after work but I wasn't "allowed" to go home first. We went out to dinner with my family & then went home, when I opened the door there were candles, rose petals, roses, everywhere. And in the middle of our bed was a heart of rose petals with the ring box in the middle of it. I was shocked & when I turned around he proposed. I feel blessed that I have been able to find someone that truly makes me happy.
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#2 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:05 AM

Congratulations & welcome to the forum! It's wonderful how love can sneak up on you when you least expect (or even want) it!! May's gonna be here before you know it - have fun planning!

#3 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:12 AM

Awww what a cute story :)
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#4 Bunny121009

• 83 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

Aaww such a heartwarming story. Congrats and welcome to the forum : )

#5 Patti

• 555 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. You'll find tons of helpful information here. I'm am so happy for you that you have found true love.

#6 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

omg im feeling a little emotional today so reading your story bought a teat to my eye.go with the flow enjoy it and have fun.good luck

#7 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:05 AM

Aww very nice story! Thanks for sharing!

#8 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

Very touching storey.. Congrats!!!

#9 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

That is such a nice story!
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#10 Sweetpea_Mtl

• 172 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:13 AM

I love hearing stories of lost hope turned into true love! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on finding The ONE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users