Getting your OOT Bag there

This is a great idea. Another idea I saw on here was to get a crappy old suitcase and put stuff in it when going there, then just leave it behind so you don`t have to pay for the extra baggage on the way back too.

Originally Posted by TLC4Rock View Post

I love the idea of vacuum sealing the items.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing that with the extra suitcase.  I have an old giant suitcase that I never use (its not crappy but its just too big for today's travel regulations).  I was cleaning out my closets last month and actually had it in my car to bring to Goodwill and thought, Hey wait a minute - if I'm just giving this away anyway, I mind as well use it to bring my stuff to the wedding and leave it in the Bahamas.  Glad I thought of it BEFORE the Goodwill drop off.  If its packed with lightweight stuff I hopefully won't go over the airline weight limit.

Great idea!!  I hope someone I know can offer one up that they don't want back.  hehe =)

Originally Posted by skp1 View Post

I'm doing that with the extra suitcase.  I have an old giant suitcase that I never use (its not crappy but its just too big for today's travel regulations).  I was cleaning out my closets last month and actually had it in my car to bring to Goodwill and thought, Hey wait a minute - if I'm just giving this away anyway, I mind as well use it to bring my stuff to the wedding and leave it in the Bahamas.  Glad I thought of it BEFORE the Goodwill drop off.  If its packed with lightweight stuff I hopefully won't go over the airline weight limit.

• 2 years later...

Lol

I priced our shipping a box of towels to the DR and it was $250. Crazy.... I'm in the process of packing right now and I really wish I had the sense to give people the bags before they left as a way to get them excited and give them all the information that they need. It would have been A LOT easier. Right now for bags I have 2 Checked bags/wedding dress carry on/personal item jam packed DH has 1 checked/1 carry on I'm giving my mom and her guest 2 carry ons and her suitcase is half full of wedding stuff I just gave 2 bridesmaids stuff to pack in their suitcase....this is craziness!!! And can I say almost my entire suitcase is wedding stuff...I barely have room for my clothes. I hope everyone LOVESSSS these OOT bags let me tell you.

Shipping is ridiculous! I have already filled up a large suitcase with oot bag items and I will probably fill one more with wedding party gifts! I've got friends and family on alert to have their suitcases ready!
So funny 😊 I was going to do that as well until he mentioned he wanted to do it. I'm so grateful ;). He's really good. Let me know if you want his information. He could at least give you a quote ;)

Looks like I posted in this thread a few yrs ago.

What we ended up doing was buying huge duffle bags (so big they fit a person...yes I tested it out lol) and stuffed they with the OOT bag stuff and wedding decorations.  I carried on the glass vases, toasting flutes and any of the breakables but all the bags, survival kits, paper products and other goodies for the bags were in boxes or bags inside the duffle bags.  That way I had my suitcase just for clothes/honeymoon stuff.  It worked out great and we brought just about everything with us...centerpieces, vases, lights, sashes, OOT bags, etc.  Yes we paid extra for the extra bag but that was part of the "wedding budget" so I didn't care.

Oh and remember all the crap you are packing for "vacation" you probably wont need, wear or use.  :)

Hope this helps you ladies.