Photo

Join the club...we meet at the bar

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

no more DW for me either! like many of us here, ecomomics, family and friends have taken their toll.

so on Monday we decided to move the wedding from Jamiaca to Atlanta. I am trying to keep in good spirits, but there is definitely a part of me that is really sad.

That being said - i have to put my big girl panties on and BUCK UP! i have 37days to put a wedding together!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. so there will be more freaking out and venting on this board.

so far this week i have secured the church and the reception venue. CHECK CHECK! I already had my priest, now i just have to break the news that he is going to buckhead instead of ocho rios! HA!

since a simple cotton jcrew sundress is not quite suitable for a cathedral... i have to find an off the rack dress! ARRGGGH!! but at least i will get to wear some kick @ss shoes now.

love you guys!! i cannot do this without you.

deanna marissa marie - so close to being a cruise bride, but just happy to be marrying my prince charming.

PS: FI did tell me that we can have what i will be calling an "island reception" next year. Instead of a DW wedding and an AHR, i will have an AHW and a DR! :) we wil see if that works out.
    "Formerly goNDmay9"
    "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
    http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#2 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

That sinks! But I am sure your AHW (lol love the acronym) will be a blast! Enjoy the little time left you have to plan and look forward to your DR!!

#3 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Awww I'm sorry the DW didn't work out for you

Holy schnickies you are going to plan your at home wedding in 37 days? Amazing girlfriend!Stay positive and keep us posted!

And super super cute idea for the island reception DR!!!!!!

#4 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
        • 168 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

our pre-cana (catholic requirement) classes are complete - CHECK!
          at least one registry - CHECK

During the class, one couple mentioned that they were getting married in Jamaica. That kind of made me sad.

33 Days left!!! I really really really need to find a dress.
          "Formerly goNDmay9"

#5 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

sorry you have to move it here! it's nice to see another ATL bride though!! have you tried New Natalie's Bridal? That's where I got my dress. They have soooooo many, that I'm sure you'll be able to find something off the rack. And they have amazing prices. My dress at two different shops was going to cost an extra $300!!! Where in Buckhead are you getting married?

#6 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
            • 168 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

omg!!! i was going to pm you when i saw that you were from here. we are getting married at cathedral of christ the king which is near east wesley on peachtree.

i am trying to get the reception at the Glenn Hotel rooftop downtown. It will be freezing, but i can pray for a mild saturday!!

i will check out new natalies! i was afraid to go there b.c i thought it was so expensive. i have only gone to one consignment store and kelly's closet in inman park.

Cancun was one of the first places we looked into!!!!
              "Formerly goNDmay9"

#7 *Linds*

*Linds*
              • 5,776 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

Sorry to hear you had to change plans! I'm sure your day will still be special!
                Loving married life! <3

#8 Patti

Patti
                • 555 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

Sorry that your plans had to change, but you AHW will be exciting and beautiful too - and you'll have more to look forward to planning you DR.

#9 mlabbe

mlabbe
                  • 784 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

Oh my, that sucks, but you have the right attitude! And congrats on getting some of the major things sorted out. It must be very stressful! Would it not be for the $15K non-refundable fee for canceling the DW, I'd probably be going that route too - or at least changing the resort. Oh well, we learn!

Best of luck to the two of you!

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

Sorry to hear that but you sure do have a great outlook and your Atlanta wedding will no doubt be beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users