New and can't decide which hotel to chose

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Gemball

• 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi, My name is Gemma, i'm from UK and decided to get married in Mexico following a holiday to Cancun last year.
    We are hoping to get married in Feb 2011 but I just can't make up my mind which hotel to pick.
    We want somewhere where the wedding ceremony is quite private.
    I like Dreams Cancun for their gazebo but I'm put of by the size of the pool - very small.
    Also Dreams Riviera Cancun is very nice by the wedding doesn't seem very private.
    Also have been looking at Riu Palace Mexico.
    I am so confused and after reading many threads on here, I even more so.
    Anybody have any advice.

#2 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

Gemma, congrats and to the forum! Have you spoken to a TA yet? They might be able to help you narrow down what you're looking for. My advice is to make a list of the things that are the MOST important to you. From there you can start eliminating hotels that don't meet your requirements. Good luck and happy planning!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

#4 wemkulaf

• 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Congrats and Welcome!!

#5 SuperKate

• 752 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

Welcome to the forum, Gemma, and congrats! This site will be a great resource to help you plan.

#6 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums Gemma! It really does depend on all your requirement and should make a list. El Dorado is very nice and great pools... adults only but more expensive. Secrets Maroma and Maroma beach are also very romantic. There are so many resorts with something for everyone.
              Best of luck with your plans.
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#7 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

congratulations.happy dw planning.im getting married feb 2010 i will be married for 1 year when you get married yikes.

you just need to take your time and choose somewhere that has everything you want.good luck.go on trip advisor if you have,nt already and read reviews on here for the area you want to go to

#8 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Congrats and welcome! I'm a big fan of lists so I think you should make a pro/con list of each resort you are considering and go from there.

Best wishes,

#9 almostmarried2

• 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hi Gemma! I'm also new (can't figure out how to make my own intro post so I'll piggyback on yours) and marrying the man of my dreams in April 2011!!! :) We are getting married in Mexico too, but we don't know where yet. Definitely on the beach. I'm so excited! Good luck finding a hotel.

#10 IrishgirlinNY

• 938 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hi Gemma

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck with all your planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users