Photo

Big Favor to ask! Can I please see your "ring" photos?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Simistar

Simistar
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

So, I have a big favor to ask -- and am hoping some of you can help:-)

Any of you who read my pro photographer review know we kind of got short-changed on the picture end of things:-)
    That is, our photographer missed some very key moments and pictures...one of those being a picture of our rings.

I have pretty much finished designing our wedding album (on Lumapix Fotofusion) -- but NOT having a picture of our rings is really bothering my husband! (It bothers me too, but I'm surprised at how much it bothers him!:-))

Sooooo, we are going to have a friend of ours who does photography as a hobby take pictures of our rings... We're hoping that with his lighting gear etc (he basically has a studio at his place) and with VERY tight, close shots, we can get a pic or two to include in the album (where it won't be noticeable they weren't taken in Mexico, lol:-)

So, this is where the favor comes in...
    I want to show our friend what kind of pictures we want and need some examples to show him...
    I know I've seen GORGEOUS, kind of artsy shots of rings in flowers or bamboo or whatever...
    I googled "rings in flowers" -- but the images that came up were mostly pretty cheesey -- and I know beautiful (NOT chessey!) pictures of this exist!

If any of you would mind posting any pics you have of your rings NOT on your hand, but displayed in another way, I would super appreciate it!!
    (or, you could e-mail them to me if you don't want them displayed for the world to see:-))

Thanks in advance!
    Of course, any photogs on this site are welcome to post/send pics too:-)

#2 classadiva

classadiva
    • 685 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

Go to the "Show Me The Ring" forum at Diamond Prices: Diamond Jewelry Facts, Diamond Tools and Consumer Reports Forum and you will see more ring photos than you can stand complete with instructions on how to take these types of photos. Good luck.

#3 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,369 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:12 AM

Here is the ring picture our photographer - Nathaniel Thompson who is on this forum :) took

Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by YaelM
          Here is the ring picture our photographer - Nathaniel Thompson who is on this forum :) took

Wow -- that's fabulous!
          What is the ring on/in...? Is it a rock...?
          Whatever it is -- it's cool:-)
          Thank you for posting!

#5 Simistar

Simistar
          • 645 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:22 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by classadiva
            Go to the "Show Me The Ring" forum at Diamond Prices: Diamond Jewelry Facts, Diamond Tools and Consumer Reports Forum and you will see more ring photos than you can stand complete with instructions on how to take these types of photos. Good luck.
            Thanks for the site! It looks like it'll take a little poking around to find the kind of pics I'm looking for, but a great resource:-)

Also hoping more ladies post their pics here so I have them all in one place, lol:-)

#6 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:09 AM

You know i dont know exactly LOL - i always assumed it was a rock haha

Also on weddingbee a lot of the posters post "artsy" pics of their rings so you may want to look there too. Good luckl!!

#7 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
              • 1,114 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

I would strongly suggest taking some time out to check our my future photographers blog- Elizabeth Medina Photography

She has some amazing ring shots, some with flowers, different backgrounds, fabrics etc. She truly is the best IMO :)
                Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                Non-Pro Pics:
                http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:34 AM

Here is one of ours in rock candy from our candy buffet at our almost married reception:

And another on our place cards (beach balls) from our almost married reception:

good luck! Im sure they will get some great pics!

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

ive got a couple but i need to get them on photobucket! ill try to add them in the next day or 2, hopefully its in time for what you need!

oh! also i just thought of something. it might be kind of silly, but you could put on your dress and hubby his wedding clothes, and then even the tight shots will have you in the background. ill have to show you what i mean when i post one of the pics i have, but its our two hands together cupping our 3 rings, and its taken close up, but in the background you can see my dress and his shirt that we are wearing, because we are holding the rings at waist level, if that makes sense?

#10 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

I have some I can add, but I unfortunatley don't have access to any of my pics from work I'll have to do it later when I get home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users