Photo

shoes for beach ceremony???

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 AishaB

AishaB
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for posting this question. I have been thinking about the same thing.
    BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#22 Shay12

Shay12
    • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:43 AM

My friend asked me this question long ago and I blew it off.... well here I am searching it on the site and thinking my decision to have a beach ceremony is not such a good idea considering FI is 6'6 and Im 5'3

YIKES!

I might have to switch locations...

#23 nina874

nina874
      • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

I just found these on a uk bridal forum, they are liseted on ebay , I dont know that they are everyones cup of tea, but they are certainly very sparkly and unusual!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...4#ht_500wt_1146

#24 porcell14

porcell14
        • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

No one's mentioned if they ever tried walking in heels on the sand.  I keep thinking that there won't be a difference between walking in wedges or walking in heels but I have never actually tried.  Anyone know if heels in the sand are possible???

#25 SS2012

SS2012
          • 180 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:51 AM

i was wondering the same thing! i recently started shopping for my wedding shoes and every store i go into they ask where the wedding is, i tell them on the beach and they say ohhh so you have to wear a wedge! so im guessing its hard to walk on the beach in heels...

Originally Posted by porcell14 

No one's mentioned if they ever tried walking in heels on the sand.  I keep thinking that there won't be a difference between walking in wedges or walking in heels but I have never actually tried.  Anyone know if heels in the sand are possible???

#26 nmw134

nmw134
            • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

I love all the different suggestions!

#27 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
              • 126 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Hey ladies!

For the sand I would recommend wearing a wedge (a wider wedge would be better; stay away from the ones that come to a point on the heel) and then purchase a pair of reception shoes (if you are having your reception on some type of hard floor - ballroom, terrace, etc.). Victoria's Secret has a lot of wedges to choose from and they are not all that expensive. I got a pair of white 3.5 inch wedges with a 1/2 inch platform for $19! I also bought a pair of designer heels for the reception part to satisfy my cute wedding shoe need :) Hope it works out for all of you!

#28 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Which pair did you buy from Victoria's Secret?? I just can't seem to decide!

#29 Evgal

Evgal
                • 175 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:43 AM

Avoid The Z wedge from VS. It is pretty but a joke. It is poorly constructed and the strap that goes over the toes is defective (at least on the pair that I got). You couldn't even fit one toe in it!

#30 nolacruiser6

nolacruiser6
                  • 229 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Sad to hear, I was thinking of buying those!  Glad I read this thread first.

Originally Posted by Evgal 

Avoid The Z wedge from VS. It is pretty but a joke. It is poorly constructed and the strap that goes over the toes is defective (at least on the pair that I got). You couldn't even fit one toe in it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users