shoes for beach ceremony???

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

Hi all,
    I'm having a beach ceremony and would love to wear some kind of heel because I'm only 5 feet tall.
    Height will help make my dress look better and I also won't look tiny next to my fiance who is 6 feet tall.
    I have been contimplating wedges but can't seem to find really classy ones.

Please post photos of your shoes if you've had a beach ceremony or any suggestions you may have.

Thanks

#2 Marcia313

Marcia313
    • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

It took me hours and hours, but I finally settled on these for my wedding: Bandolino Women's Nevina Tstrap Wedge - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

They're cute and pretty comfortable, too. I'm hoping the bottom is wide enough to make walking on the sand fairly easy.

#3 shellk

shellk
      • 1,784 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

i had exactly the same problem.i have ended up with some kitten heels which i think will be fine?

#4 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
        • Banned
        • 3,479 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

I think wedges will be your best bet. I am in the same boat Fi is 6'4" and I am 5'5" and I finally decided on barefoot sandals to wear during the ceremony and my FI will just have to bend down. Because any heels will just sink in the sand but wedges you will have a better bet of not sinking as much! I will be wear heels for my reception though to give me some height! These are my shoes: Crystal Silk Bridal Shoes by Grace Footwear - Grace Shoes - Grace Wedding Shoes - Grace Bridal Purses - Grace Footwear

#5 lscilley

lscilley
          • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

I bought a pair of flip flop wedges from Old Navy and they give me just enough height the wedge is probably 4 or 5 inches.

#6 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
            • 126 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

these are the ones I have my heart on but they are above my price range.

Click the image to open in full size.

If anyone sees anything similar, please let me know.

#7 vdaybride

vdaybride
              • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

I will wear wedges, I won't post a pic because I am embarrased about spending that much on shoes!! I am a real shoe whore though..couldn't help it. Also, I will have a runner to walk down the aisle on so I won't sink on the way to my honey. Your resort probably has something that you can walk on if you have your heart set on wearing heels, ask your WC. Good luck with your decision.
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#8 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
                • 126 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

Vday bride, I'm a bit of a shoe whore too. (Which is why I'm trying to not spend too much money this time around) If you don't want to post your wedges here, could you PM me?

#9 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                  • 516 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

I would accept the height difference for the ceremony and then wear the desired heels for the reception. I was in flipflops. But I had a pair of flipflops that had crystals on them and were about a 1 inch platform.

#10 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lscilley
                      I bought a pair of flip flop wedges from Old Navy and they give me just enough height the wedge is probably 4 or 5 inches.
                      This is what I will be doing! Cheap and simplistic :)
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users