Photo

Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#351 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

It's funny I was totally in love with the cornflower blue before I even started planning a destination wedding. Then I thought it might be too much blue but I saw some pictures on google and I actually liked how it looked so I decided to go with it anyway. How about having the white flowers and a few colored flowers that match or go well with your colors? I think at the end of the day the colors for the whole thing are more important than the bouquet so I'd probably try to work the bouquet around my colors, if that makes any sense, but I don't know if it's the same for you. I just think the color of the bouquet will be much more easily forgotten than the feel that colors give to a wedding. For example, a black, white and hot pink wedding has a different feel than one in pastel colors.

Yea I've seen some beach ceremonies with teal chair sashes and it wasn't too bad I suppose lol. Yea I'll try to contact the florist and see if that's a possibility or to get rid of the red flowers and put orange/peach ones in there. I found some inspiration on Pinterest and I'm kind of in love with these colors now. I'm on my phone so I don't know if you'll be able to see this picture but I'll post it anyway. I posted it in another thread somewhere about wedding colors I think last night from home. Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405953136.243792.jpg   143.06KB   5 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#352 Wrathwitch

Wrathwitch
  • 34 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationOttawa Ontario

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

My biggest stressor is getting people to book, I mean to actually secure their room and flight.

Getting people to RSVP has been fine, it's booking that is so complicated. My TA is always going one million miles an hour and he drives me crazy.

I would PAY someone to get everyone to book, it literally keeps me up at night.

This forum has totally been my saving grace and would absolutely be my one piece of advice for a destination wedding, you girls are the BEST!

I know this is a late post, but this pretty much sums it up for me. Getting people to not only commit, but to purchase and book. I feel responsible for trying to facilitate everyones travel arrangements, but I know deep down I am not. But because for me it is so important I want everything done YESTERDAY! Once I know they are booked I can relax and plan for the rest of the details!  

Of course I have til Feb next year, but I don't want people to miss out (and me miss out on them)because they waited too long to book.....

#353 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

I hope I don't run into problems with getting people to book :/

#354 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Yea I've seen some beach ceremonies with teal chair sashes and it wasn't too bad I suppose lol. Yea I'll try to contact the florist and see if that's a possibility or to get rid of the red flowers and put orange/peach ones in there. I found some inspiration on Pinterest and I'm kind of in love with these colors now. I'm on my phone so I don't know if you'll be able to see this picture but I'll post it anyway. I posted it in another thread somewhere about wedding colors I think last night from home. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1405953136.243792.jpg

I love it!

event.png

#355 Tatimrivera

Tatimrivera
  • 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

My biggest stressor so far was/ is getting ppl to book. It seems ppl don't want to pay to go (which in a sense is understandable). It's just a bit frustrating because I'm the type of person who is there for everyone else.
Good Luck :)

#356 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

My biggest stressor so far was/ is getting ppl to book. It seems ppl don't want to pay to go (which in a sense is understandable). It's just a bit frustrating because I'm the type of person who is there for everyone else.

I know how you feel. Were a month out from our deadline and no one has booked yet . I'm the same way! You send me an invitation saying: you need to RSVP, or you need to put down $150 and boom! Done. I'm starting to get a little desperate that no one will book and it will just be us haha. I know this is totally irrational but I just feel that everything will fall into place when we know how many people will be there

event.png

#357 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

I have had a few ...  

1. picking the resort

2. getting people to RSVP - and pay!!   My deadline just passed and people (even my dad!) waited until the last day. At one point I assumed it would just be the 4 of us (me, fiance, and 2 kids).

3. Air Canada cancelling our flight and patiently awaiting the new one that won't mess with our wedding day

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#358 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

@TinkerSofi, so did people end up booking very last minute? I am worried about this too

#359 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

@TinkerSofi, so did people end up booking very last minute? I am worried about this too

They sure are! So far it's only us, my family (parents and brother) and a couple of family friends. Our deadline is Aug 25, although I told everyone the 19th just in case. It's stressing me out really badly but I honestly can't harass people anymore than I have :(. I have a feeling everyone will pay on the 19th.

event.png

#360 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Mine waited until the bitter end. We sent a reminder email out and they still waited until the bitter end. Thankfully our due date was a bit before ACs due date so the slackers didn't miss out. We got most paid in the last one or two days.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users