Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#261 Tulumbride2013

• 670 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think the biggest stress for my fiance and I has been trying to set a date. I'm currently a sophomore in college and unemployed and my fiance works in hospitality so he doesn't make all that much money and we're paying for the entire wedding ourselves. We've been engaged for two years and we're set on a destination wedding because all of his family lives in Puerto Rico and mine four states away so everyone has to fly anyway and it's WAY to expensive to get married in Miami, trust me we've tried. We have everything picked out except for the venue because we're really not sure what we'll be able to afford and I hate that my family is pressuring us to set a date when they know we don't have any money put back yet and they're not offering to help us at all. Plus we find venues that we fall completely in love with but have to live with the fact that we may never be able to afford it. :frown:

I'm really sorry to read about your situation. I understand how rough the budget factor can be on limited incomes. Have ou been in touch with a ta? They may be able to help find you something budget friendly, a lots of them don't charge nothing for their services. I can refer you to mine, if you like. She is amazing. The best part for us was that there was only a small down payment due and then total amount due 90 days before traveling... For us, that's right after taxes, so it works out really great. In the mean time. Your family should not be pressuring you, AT ALL. as a student funds are usually very limited, so they should be able to understand that. Find a way to politely tell them to back off because funds are tight. Unless of course, they wanna chip in:) keep your chin up!

#262 Stiller

• 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Ahhhh! Getting people to book is so stressful! How did you all deal with it? Our deposits are due in 2 days to keep the reserved places on the plane, but it seems like no one is on the ball with it yet.

And I have people about a YEAR notice because I have been saying since last year that we would be booking around now for a DW in 2014.

#263 Tinkerbell82

• 193 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Getting people to book....especially since the deposit is only $25!! Also, I'm really worried about no-shows.  We had 5 for our engagement party, which I think is utterly obnoxious.

#264 sky186

• 155 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

This are the bits im not looking forward to

#265 strwbsprkl

• 373 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

My biggest stress factor is getting my wedding date!!!! It's too early to book the resort but I am freaking out I'm really hopping for this date :(

#266 Tbasgall

• 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

We tried to avoid additional stress and decided to not have a bridal party. I'm so glad we made this decision! My biggest stress 4 months out is wondering if we will have many guests book last minute. Hoping not as I've already ordered most things for a certain number of guests.

#267 shopnboard

• 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think I just tend to stress myself out. It's fun, but I've got nothing done, I know I have time though. Just when I see everyone else with so much done I start to worry. :D

#268 Raquelita0715

• 189 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 1, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I am also on the same page. I am stressed to make sure everything goes well but I have not even sent STD's.

#269 NJBride2014

• 441 posts
              • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
              • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Having people actually book is very stressful. Hopefully when I send out the invites people will start booking.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#270 sky186

• 155 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

good luck fingers crossed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users