Photo

Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#231 MichCraw

MichCraw
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Thank you for your responses! I am trying not to think about it and let it stress me out, i'm too busy doing last minute preparations to be worrying about that! Hopefully all will work out all can do is hope for the best and be careful what my family eats & drinks!

#232 ahollo02

ahollo02
    • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Mine was both of our parents. They were very against a DW because they do not know of anyone who did one, they thought it was stupid. My parents are in their 60s and very traditional. My mom went so far as to call getting married onn the beach 'hippie'ish'. But I stuck to my guns. And they ended up having a ball.

A lot of people I thought would go, did'nt. That was stressfull as well. And we even had some people who wanted to go last minute.. after all the planning and reservations were complete! Another stressor!

But we had a blast :)

#233 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

lol, yes, my parents have told me that a DW is selfish... parents are funny creatures, aren't they? Ah well...

Glad it all worked out and they ended up loving it!

#234 Leandra

Leandra
        • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Ah, yes, that's what I'm afraid of right now. We've just booked and are sending out email invitations soon. Our parents are ok with DW and email invites, but I anticipate there will be lots of people who I think will go who ultimately don't or want to book last minute - after all that work! I'm sensitive and take things to heart (even when I know I shouldn't!) - so that's my biggest stressor right now!

#235 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
          • 104 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

My biggest stress so far is a combination between getting guests to book... and planning for the actual wedding... or I should say lack of planning! We arranged an extremely good rate for all of our guests, but they had to put a $200/person deposit down by mid October to hold it... Now people are arguing with our TA because the rates have gone up a bit...still cheaper than the posted rates though... We sent out save the dates last April (a full year before our wedding), and provided them all of the rates at the start of July so they had lots of time to save.... so far of the 50 people who have confirmed verbally that they are coming, only 30 people have booked... and 2 of the groomsmen still haven't booked.... So I'm trying to plan out seating space (number of tables, centre pieces etc) and OOT bags for an indefinite number of people... it's so difficult to buy in bulk... I'm going to end up with 20 extra of everything, 20 few of everything or somewhere in the middle...

#236 lmadore

lmadore
            • 128 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

So I'm trying to plan out seating space (number of tables, centre pieces etc) and OOT bags for an indefinite number of people... it's so difficult to buy in bulk... I'm going to end up with 20 extra of everything, 20 few of everything or somewhere in the middle...

We have lots of people saying they would come, Im interested to see how many people actually do tho.  Difficult to plan  around an unknown number of people.  Guess its one of the pitfalls of DW

#237 JenG05

JenG05
              • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

Right now, I feel like I should be doing more, but I can't since I don't know how many guests will actually be there. It is way too soon to stress about it.  My biggest DW stress factor is definitely all the unknowns due to not knowing who will actually go.  I suppose I will set a cutoff date and use the number of guests that have booked by that point.  When should the cutoff date be?

#238 redginger

redginger
                • 360 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Our cut-off date for final RSVPs is 3 months before the wedding. This is in part because we have to put down some heavy vendor deposits (based on guest count), and I need time to do all the DIY projects!

Originally Posted by JenG05 

Right now, I feel like I should be doing more, but I can't since I don't know how many guests will actually be there. It is way too soon to stress about it.  My biggest DW stress factor is definitely all the unknowns due to not knowing who will actually go.  I suppose I will set a cutoff date and use the number of guests that have booked by that point.  When should the cutoff date be?

#239 JenG05

JenG05
                  • 39 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

3 months sounds like a good cut-off.  Thanks for the info. 

#240 leungbobe

leungbobe
                    • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Parents and booking flights & accommondation are definitely the stressful factors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users