Photo

Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#221 ssapper

ssapper
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

so far my biggest stress factor is money... can my friends/family afford to come and can we get the wedding we want on a budget!  I stress out about spending so much money on one day!!

#222 Branya2012

Branya2012
    • 200 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

My biggest stressor has been our families as well. From my dad completely refusing to come (even though he is an avid traveller to Mexico and will be going a mere 3 months after our wedding - his disappointment is that he wants to throw a huge Croatian wedding where I grew up and invite a whole bunch of people that I don't even know and that don't speak the same language as us) to my fiancee's brother making a fuss about not being able to afford it (ummm, when we got engaged, the wedding date was 18 months away!) and refusing to accept help from us financially and then changing his argument to say that he won't take his kids to Mexico or leave them behind and that we're being insensitive because he has a family now, to my future inlaws making drama over the fact that his brother and grandma and other family members won't be there, it's been extremely difficult!

Family, I tell ya!! Even though we know that it only matters that two people show up (myself and my future husband) hearing crap from everyone sucks. I feel ya, stluciabound!! I am happy that you got an apology and wish the best for you and yours and your families. :)

Originally Posted by stluciabound 

His family has been a nightmare. They have done nothing but guilt trip us for 9 months about our "selfish" decision to have a DW. So far they have refused to come,which has made it very difficult for my FI to get truly excited. I finally went over the other night to confront them about how they are treating him/me/us. I actually got an apology! Here is to hoping they come around and cut their crap... ugh, yes that part has been stressful!

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#223 zbwedding

zbwedding
      • 156 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

I wish someone would have told me the #1 Tip = join this Forum!!!  

I think my number one stress factor was the TA's we went through at first.  But as I've learned from this site, its best to try and try again... cause there are good and even great TA's out there!

#224 Sharon99

Sharon99
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

Right now, I am worrying about my dog & how he will have to be in a kennel at the vet for the 1st time :(
          He hates change!

#225 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
          • Vendor
          • 183 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

In my professional experience and having planned hundreds of destination weddings, the guests are most often the biggest stressors!! Whether it is trying to book outside of the group or telling you that they have tried to book but the TA hasn't gotten back to them (when they have never actually tried, they are just embarassed to say that they haven't). It is important to stay calm within these situations and remember that it will all work out and your wedding will be amazing!! Family and friends can be extremely demanding when it comes to travel and money, remember to stay focused on what is important to you!

As some brides have mentioned in this forum, response time from WC's can be very slow. This is why clients hire us to take care of the planning for them and let them know about wedding options the WC wouldn't have otherwise told them! Remember, the world is your oyster!

#226 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
            • 385 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Waiting to the 90 day mark to get things done!! XD

I am very much a plan WAAAAAY ahead person, it's driving me bonkers just sitting here on the forum twiddling my thumbs.

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#227 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

I have just started planning, but I can tell you this one easily. My family. Just crazy! I get all excited and try to talk to my mom about anything and I am almost driven to tears. Not good. Erg. 

She just does not want to hear about any of it, and I hear that I am selfish and all kinds of backhanded comments. It just sucks and really hurts. Ugh. 

Thank God for friends, my sister, and his family. And, of course, for my wonderful and understanding fiance. :)

#228 MichCraw

MichCraw
                • 369 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

Right now my number one stress .. is I am terrified that people will get sick over at the resort or worse keep getting sick once they are back from the resort. There have been so many bad comments about people going to the Majestic and being really sick over there or once they return. I regret immensely choosing this resort... I have 2 small kids.. and most of my guests are aged 60 and up and if they were to be sick, I would never forgive myself.

#229 Peach

Peach
                  • 1,293 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Where did you hear about people getting sick? And what is the reason? And how sick? And, do your guests travel a lot? We have been to several all-inclusives in Mexico, and have always heard about people getting sick... yet we have not. Please keep in mind that anytime someone travels, sleeps differently, changes eating patterns, climate, is in the sun a lot, and has a lot of alcohol, there is going to be some physical consequences. If this is what you have heard, I would be upfront about it with your guests; recommend immodium and other such things, that they drinks lots of (bottled) water, and go easy on the unusual foods, at least for the first few days.

Originally Posted by MichCraw 

Right now my number one stress .. is I am terrified that people will get sick over at the resort or worse keep getting sick once they are back from the resort. There have been so many bad comments about people going to the Majestic and being really sick over there or once they return. I regret immensely choosing this resort... I have 2 small kids.. and most of my guests are aged 60 and up and if they were to be sick, I would never forgive myself.

#230 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                    • Vendor
                    • 183 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hi MichCraw,

Please do not feel so discouraged!! Reviews are often very misleading. You have no idea who is writing them and where they are coming from. We have planned many succesful weddings at that property and have never received an overwhelming response of anyone getting sick.

Peach is absolutely right. Look forward to your wedding and do not think about this again! It is going to be perfect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users