Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#191 rpingree001

• 264 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:29 AM

OUr biggest stressor has been determining our "First Dance" song.  We had our song all picked out and it was perfect for us and my FI's little sister who decided to get engaged after us and married 3 months before, also decided it should be her first dance song and didn't tell us.  We heard it at the wedding and I literally ran out of the room in tears.  So we've been hunting for 3 months for another perfect song because we refuse to have the same song.  I thougth we had it and then after trying to dance to it last night - realized it just doesn't work for our lack of dancing skills.  So the hunt is back on and it best hurry - our ceremony is in 10 days!

#192 smfs

• 176 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

My biggest problem is I am indecisive! I have booked at Sandals Royal Bahamian,but every other day I want to change the location!!!

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*

#193 jennifersyble

• 166 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

My biggest stress so far has been dealing with the ups and downs of who in our immediate families will be going/not going because it's a destination wedding.

#194 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

As Jennifer stated, my biggest stressor was dealing with my family.  My parents+aunts+uncles were the ONLY ones who did NOT want a destination wedding!!!  My in-laws and my husband's family and all of our friends were sooo excited but my family just could not let it go.  They kept telling me that nobody will come and to have the wedding at home.  I even started to look at venues at home and thankfully my husband gave me a good pep talk and reminded me that this is what WE want and that they will enjoy it once they are there.  He was totally right and now my family keeps saying how we need to do a 1-year reunion.  I wish that I didn't allow them to stress me out so much but it's hard when it's your immediate family who's giving you flack every day.  Makes you question things.

#195 X-Chan

• 166 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

finding a TA :(

#196 islandbride8

• 315 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

Getting my fiance to atleast ACT like he's interested in the wedding :(

#197 deannamarie85

• 447 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

Getting my fiance to atleast ACT like he's interested in the wedding :(

Same here-but I think it's a guy thing!

#198 muzikgrrl

• 193 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

I'm still a year away from my wedding but the biggest stresses so far are planning a wedding somewhere I've never been and trying to pick a wedding location that people can afford to come to. It would be great to win the lottery and not have to worry about that!

#199 pinkybebe

• 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Yeah I know how you gals feel. I have a BM feels that she cant' afford it anymore and that she can find a better deal herself even after I told everyone after I was engaged the cost of this DW travel commitment. At this point I don't even think I can make the group rate happen because I depended on her to make that final number for the group rate. Also, if she doesn't travel with us I don't have the reassurance that she will be there for the wedding. What if she can't find a flight for the same day? What if she can't stay in the same hotel? Oh the stresses!!!!!

#200 star18

• 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

The stress of not knowing your number of guests. We sent our invites but it seems people take their time to RSVP...so the waiting is killing me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users