Photo

Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#111 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

great thread :)

my advice would be to join this forum and RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH before you book anything!! there are so many things to consider, so make sure you've really found out everything.

also, set a budget early. it's easy to get carried away, work it out and set it realistically and work to it. but don't despair if you don't have a lot of money, sometimes it's nicer to have to only have what you really want, and add cheap personal touches instead!
    a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#112 lmuze

lmuze
    • 457 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

Phew! after reading this thread I am glad to find out I am not alone. I am having such a hard time to get people to book. I sent save the date about 5 months ago and have all the information in our website but I can't get people to book. Most say the will come but they are not putting up a deposit. It's driving me bonkers. My own Father is dilly dallying...

#113 mich&adam

mich&adam
      • 120 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

My biggest wedding stresser has been (like most of you) getting the guests to book and of course $$$ we are paying for the wedding ourselves AND trying to get a house built so everything always seems to boil down to $$$....the dress, shoes, veil, location, dj services, invitations, etc. have been so easy to plan and coordinate...fingers crossed everything else falls into place...remaining hopeful :)

#114 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I got pretty fed up with the booking situation so I actually started emailing my guests one by one tellilng them I needed to get the final number of people over to the onsite coordinators. This has worked very well in getting people to actually tell me their REAL intentions.

On the downside... I've actually gotten 6 people telling me this week that they aren't going to make it. When are they planning on telling me? The nerve of people I swear. The upside is, I'm happy at some of them that cancelled and didn't expect the others to actually show anyways so I'm not shocked.

Thought I'd let you girls know that in case you want to give it a try.

#115 march132010

march132010
          • 1,057 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

My biggest stress has been finding time to get everything I need done

#116 absolutanne

absolutanne
            • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

The biggest stress source for me is planning the flight and coordinating the hotels for guests right now. I nego'd with the airlines and the hotel was going to give me a discount on the rates for the hotels but it is definitely stressful when guests have no idea of what it takes to plan a DW, getting these prices, realizing how awesome these prices are, and they are not even certain on the commitment factor (even after RSVP'ing!!).
              I'm getting married in Bali!!
              24 July 2010 Ayana Resort & Spa, Bali Indonesia[IMG]http://www.ayanaresort.com/en/weddin..._wedding02.jpg[/IMG]

#117 Eliana

Eliana
              • 676 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Balancing the time between all friends and family as well as our alone time... It is very stressfull to me as we have family coming from 3 different countries! crazy...

#118 coley88

coley88
                • 186 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

I'm thankful to have booked our date and resort and our flights are taken care of. Everyone else will figure it out and if they don't, I'm trying not to think about it yet, we have time. But my current big stresser is that my FI thinks we don't need to do any more planning. I'm trying to get every thing pretty basically planned out; ie: what we're going to do about flowers, the ceremony (we're thinking about having a few of our closest friends do reading to get them involved), figure out the OOT bags and just break out where we're spending the money and he won't help me. He refuses to help me and it's making me crazy.

I don't want to plan this alone, I want his input, his opinion and it makes me so sad that he doesn't want to be a part of it. He just keeps saying "it's your day do what you want"...well that's all well and good, but it's OUR day.

I'm frustrated, sorry.

#119 Amymarie

Amymarie
                  • 180 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

I am not so stressed about the destination wedding, i am stressed about the two AHR's I am planning (my fiance and i are from opposite sides of Canada). It doesn't help that i have been living in Germany for the last six months and will not be going home until April 1st. If i hadn't found this website i would be ridiculously stressed.

Stressed but, Loving all the help from the Brides on this site!

Amy

#120 carolina24

carolina24
                    • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by coley88
                      I'm thankful to have booked our date and resort and our flights are taken care of. Everyone else will figure it out and if they don't, I'm trying not to think about it yet, we have time. But my current big stresser is that my FI thinks we don't need to do any more planning. I'm trying to get every thing pretty basically planned out; ie: what we're going to do about flowers, the ceremony (we're thinking about having a few of our closest friends do reading to get them involved), figure out the OOT bags and just break out where we're spending the money and he won't help me. He refuses to help me and it's making me crazy.

I don't want to plan this alone, I want his input, his opinion and it makes me so sad that he doesn't want to be a part of it. He just keeps saying "it's your day do what you want"...well that's all well and good, but it's OUR day.

I'm frustrated, sorry.
                      i feel you on this, FI has input here and there, but mostly says its my day and that he wants me to be happy. i'm starting to realize that it's not that they don't care...some men are just different. all that matters to him is that you are going to be his wife!! he doesn't care about colors or flowers, etc.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Amymarie
                      I am not so stressed about the destination wedding, i am stressed about the two AHR's I am planning (my fiance and i are from opposite sides of Canada). It doesn't help that i have been living in Germany for the last six months and will not be going home until April 1st. If i hadn't found this website i would be ridiculously stressed.

Stressed but, Loving all the help from the Brides on this site!

Amy
                      holy crap!! you are planning 2 AHRs!!! I couldn't imagine...i wanted a DW so i wouldn't be stressed, youre awesome..good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users