Biggest Destination Wedding Stress factor - what's yours?

Yea so that's the problem. My group is flying on the 13th and I get married on the 17th. the ones they offer is the 10th - 17th. and then again flying in on the 17th. So that won't work. I am hoping they will add more flights because if not then it's a separate thing. I am hoping if I get the flights separate it won't cost too crazy.

@@carmor2 have you tried talking to your TA about alternative resorts? We were really set on one hotel but then there were these whole bunch of little things that weren't panning out at the time of booking so we needed to change. We were really reluctant, since we had gone to do a site visit to our first choice and everything, but our TA was phenomenal in suggesting different hotels that were in the same price range and that met all of our requirements. In the end, we chose one that was $100 more for a 7 day stay but it has much better reviews and just seems like a better resort overall. By the way, I have the same TA as @@kmk2016 ;)

My wedding is not going to be until 2016 so I don't know how it's possible that I'm feeling this much stress about it. I have wanted to get married in the Dominican Republic for years (my fiancé and I have been together for 9 years and wanted a destination wedding for 8 lol engaged since December). Now I started doing some research a few months ago and picked out my DREAM resort. Royalton Punta Cana is the place I would like to say I do, or at least sleep when I go there to say I do. The price for people to fly out of Saskatoon, SK ( where 90% of my guests would go from) is about $2600.00 per person for 7 days with flights for the same time period I want my wedding but in 2015. This is almost a thousand dollars more than I want to ask people to spend. So then I think ok well I could compromise and change resorts, or even the month when we are going. Nope everywhere I have the slightest interest in is about the same +/- $200 and that is the same for within two months of the dates I'm looking at. Now the real kicker is people have been asking since we got engaged so not only have I been saying PC Feb 2016, I sent out save the dates to stop people from asking and give them a heads up so they could save. I just am at a loss and do not know what to do at this point.

I get married at the Royalton in October this year. Its beautiful!!

February is peak time, we are October which is out of season and has saved us quite a chunk of money on flights and accommodation.

However I am from the UK and its very cheap with the exchange rate so for me its great but seeing the prices in dollars and what you ladies have to pay blows my mind!

What I think you need to do, is ask your friends and family could they afford it at that price OR is it totally out of the question? Then go from there.

Edited by DawnBP

My biggest stress since we started the planning was picking the resort and photographer. Thankfully we have those taken care of! Now I'm just looking online for dresses and accessories, hair ideas, etc. My main goal right now is to lose weight before I start wedding dress shopping in January :) Not really a stress, I've been staying on track and weighing myself weekly, and seeing that number go down every week is a huge motivator! I know once the date gets closer I will be stressing about people booking their travel. I'm just anxious to get the exact guest count and have everyone booked so I can plan the details of the wedding. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still in the beginning stages of planning.  I haven't booked or anything yet.  Our biggest stresses have been where and when.  We're trying to pick the most convenient time for everyone and the perfect resort that will hopefully please everyone.

I'm still in the beginning stages of planning.  I haven't booked or anything yet.  Our biggest stresses have been where and when.  We're trying to pick the most convenient time for everyone and the perfect resort that will hopefully please everyone.

Don't stress too much about accommodating everyone. There will always be someone who can't go. Of course, ask around and see if there is a time when most people can't come but at the end of the day you also have to take into account how expensive are the fares during that time and does that affect the hotel you want to go to, the weather, etc. Also, think that this is going to be the day that you and your hubby will celebrate forever :). I booked everything a year and 2 months before and I still have people saying that they can't come because they already have previous commitments :S 

I have a new stress. I emailed my travel agent this morning to get an update on who has booked. Gets an auto response back saying she is basically out of the Country until Aug 4th. My deadline for deposits are July 4th. She did mention that her response time will probably be longer than usual. She had someone else contact information in there for immediate responses.

I have a little issue now. Would you suggest forwarding everyone on to this new travel agent? I don't have a wedding website either. I wish I had done one now because there seems to be a lot of updates and stuff. Would you girls suggest just putting it on facebook for those invited and want to put down deposits? I could email people but I haven't got everyone's email address either. I would have to get that. HELP What would you girls do?

@@kcole123 BRUTAL!!! Out of office until August?? That's ridiculous!!!

I would CALL your TA and talk to her "replacement" and ask how she would like to best handle this change, since it may cause some of your guests not to use your TA if they think she is going to be gone!!!!

I would (once you get direction from your TA's replacement), send out a postcard to your guests.. or email them and letting them  know about the new contact.

Yeah thanks @@kmk2016

This is the most stressful part about this whole thing is the booking part. I have not had much luck with this travel agent really anyway. She was awesome at first until she had us hooked on her sell. Then of course we put our deposit down and as soon as we did that, then she was non-responsive most of the time.

I think I have to start gathering everyone's email address and start notifying people. I am afraid too that with the replacement she will be probably be taking on extra work because of my TA's absence and she will get overwhelmed and my guests won't get quick responses from her either.

I think it's ridiculous that I got this information in an auto response this morning and she didn't let her clients know about her absence before this. What a horrible way to find out.