Possibly getting married Nov 21st-So stressed

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mymy116

• 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hello all,

I am desperate need of all of your prayers and helpful advise. My fiance and I applied for our passports in October. I received mine but he has yet to receive his. They notified him that he needed to send more information about his identity. Which he did. He also paid for the sevices to be expedited. We are suppose to be leaving for jamaica on Nov 19. Everything is paid for our trip, our ceremony, our attire. The state department is saying that they are still processing his passport. At this point I am so stressed out. I am so excited about my dream wedding but I feel like I cant be totally thrilled until that passport comes in the mail. I dont know what else to do. Have any of you ever had to go through this? Did you passports come in time? Please pray from me and my family. I have given it all up to the Lord at this point but I just cant believe we have to go through this so close to the wedding date.

#2 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

check the US passport website. depending on what city you are in they do have several offices around the US that issue them same day. you have to make an appointment and have to be travelling within 2weeks or something like that.

here is the link with the regional offices

#3 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

have faith! everything will pull together.

is your FI from another country or something that might make them take so long to process his passport?

#4 Marne

• 120 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

There are also people you can pay to do this for you - they will expedite everything through the system and you don't have to think about it. It's definitely expensive but might be worth it because you have a ton of other things to worry about right now. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

#5 JessicaANDJermaine

• 216 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

I'll pray for you!!!
          You do know what they say though....the more stuff that goes wrong before the wedding means that your wedding day will go on without a hitch!!!! Good Luck!!!

#6 sweetiecat

• 186 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Since you are in Baltimore, you are also close enough to travel to the main US State Dept. passport office in D.C. If the passport hasn't arrived by 2-3 days before you are set to leave, you can go there to get the passport processed the same day.

#7 mymy116

• 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

My FI was born in the US. On top of that he works for the government. He asked about going with another company and they said that once its in process you cant go anywhere else. I just feel like to come down to the wire and have to question whether or not we can leave the country is so totally unexpected. Its realling frustrating that it all lies in the hands of the State dept. That is not a great feeling. But your words have truly motivated me in a better direction. Thank u all

Jessica you have inspired me the most, "without a hitch" are the exact words i needed to hear ;-)

#8 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
              • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Any update MyMy?

i would so be freaking out! But you still have time. I will be praying for you.
                "Formerly goNDmay9"
                "so long and thanks for all the fish!"

#9 Michelle613

• 331 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

Good luck! I have faith that everything will work out, and you will be shortly leaving for the wedding of your dreams! Keep us posted.
                  Michelle & Arsen
                  Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#10 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Everything will work out! Good Luck!

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users