Photo

Goodbye Beaches... Hello Riu

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 tlogan00

tlogan00
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

I'm happy you decided to make the change in enough time to continue planning and be stress free!!! Congrats & happy planning!!!

#32 Nikcambt

Nikcambt
    • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

Congrats! I actually just made a switch myself; from Iberostar Beach to ROR!

#33 donutdjn

donutdjn
      • 419 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

thanks for sharing your pics bosi! amazing! x

#34 kimberly333

kimberly333
        • 283 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Did they give you a hard tiime about cancelling?

#35 Shakara

Shakara
          • 193 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kimberly333
            Did they give you a hard tiime about cancelling?
            I had a hard time because I booked through destinationweddings.com and the agent was an idiot. I had to call the head of the company and then they put it through. I had alot of time in advance so I got my WHOLE deposit back

#36 kimberly333

kimberly333
            • 283 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shakara
              I had a hard time because I booked through destinationweddings.com and the agent was an idiot. I had to call the head of the company and then they put it through. I had alot of time in advance so I got my WHOLE deposit back
              Thanks for the info!!! Still in limbo!!!

#37 Tina5978

Tina5978
              • 231 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

I'm happy you made the right decision for you and your FI. I just did the same thing this week. I was booked at Beaches Negril and although I loved all they included the fact that I could not customize the wedding to my likes and desires completely discouraged me, especially not being able to have the photographer I desired. So we've decided to get married at Iberostar Suites (since I have children) in Montego Bay. The reviews, TA and forums on here have all solidified my decision. I'm so excited.
                Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
                Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#38 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tina5978 View Post
                  I'm happy you made the right decision for you and your FI. I just did the same thing this week. I was booked at Beaches Negril and although I loved all they included the fact that I could not customize the wedding to my likes and desires completely discouraged me, especially not being able to have the photographer I desired. So we've decided to get married at Iberostar Suites (since I have children) in Montego Bay. The reviews, TA and forums on here have all solidified my decision. I'm so excited.
                  Not trying to chnage your mind but just so that you know- you can have your own photographer at a Beaches or Sandals resorts- they just need to stay at the resort for the 3 nights!

#39 delgadot

delgadot
                  • 284 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

I was looking at Beaches Negril too because our wedding party will have about 10 kids in it and I wanted to make sure that they would not be bored however, the packages are very pricey and the rooms are not that great (looking at pictures on trip advisor)! So good for you that you made the change!!

#40 Kendall

Kendall
                    • 234 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'm sure it was a hard decision. Glad you are relieved - now you can kick back and enjoy the festivities! Whoo-hoo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users