Who knew planning a destination wedding would be so frustrating?

HereFishie

I'm so nervous that they're going to come back to us saying they're not going to fly in May. But I've asked multiple times for them to provide me with our flight schedule and they say they don't have it ready yet, but they should just after Christmas. Because May is their summer schedule, and they only have winter or spring, whichever it is that is out right now. And also because they merged with Sunwing, they're just trying to figure out which planes are going where.

Their prices were really good for us too, because they mis-quoted us. So it was about $600 cheaper per person than any other quote we got. Once they realized their mistake, they decided to honor it, but only gave us a month to put down deposits, and anyone who didn't would be re-quoted after the month was over. Everyone managed to get in on this quote, which is awesome, but if we don't have flights... well I don't even want to think about what will happen. But Signature hasn't been very good at all, they tried to back out of this quote at one point and my travel agent said "NO WAY" because they already gave us a contract. And then they said they were going to restrict the amount of people we could bring, but luckily our travel agent stuck up for us on that too, and now we have way more people than we originally thought. Anyway, to make a long story short, I too was crying at work one day like ChristinaP because of Signature, and I hope to God that they won't let me down next year when they say we should have our flight schedules.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cara,

Your dates are about the same as mine, and the reason when my TA and I decided to switch to May to avoid the schedule overlap to even go later in May than we w nted was to avoid that first week. I understood that was more of the week to be nervous about out of certain places in Canada. I wouldn't worry (plus, if you do, then |I will too!).

I have been to mexico several times that time of year and have never had a problem. If it isn't a signature or transat plane (have flown both) they just charter another airline if they can't fill the plane, which is why they don't give times yet. I was told that it could even end up being and AC or WJ plane depending on bookings.

Maybe we all should take a breather up here in the great white north!

Thanks Christina, you're probably right. And I do need to take a breather. lol. I just worry because of all of my guests that have put down their deposits already, I don't want them to get screwed over. If it was just a regular vacation, I wouldn't even think twice. But what you're saying makes sense. You don't have a flight schedule either then?

I feel much more at ease after your message. Thanks. :)

We should all get together for a drink!!!! cheesy.gif

Cara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraW View Post
Thanks Christina, you're probably right. And I do need to take a breather. lol. I just worry because of all of my guests that have put down their deposits already, I don't want them to get screwed over. If it was just a regular vacation, I wouldn't even think twice. But what you're saying makes sense. You don't have a flight schedule either then?
I feel much more at ease after your message. Thanks. :)
We should all get together for a drink!!!! cheesy.gif

Cara
Nope, no flight schedule either. I am thinking that when the prices come out in the books (january, I was told) that they will release the flight times.

Drinks sound good! Let me know when you'd like to go. I haven't checked recently, but I think there is a Calgary get together thread.Don't know if they have met yet, or are planning to soon.

How many people do you have? Some tour ops will give a group rate for 8-10 people. If you have 8 people its possible you can get one rate with Signature, another with Transat etc. Also, many tour operators with price match. I would have your TA check and see if ATH with match Signature if that's who you would prefer. Good luck!

We have about 40 ppl coming probably. We have a group rate... sucks though because in order to secure it for everyone they all have to pay in full by the end of this month. Our group has got 18 days to pay about $60,000. censored.gif

Our TA is really good. She's been comparing all the different options for us and what's best for our guests but unfortunately Signatures rates are the best. Their payment options however... are not.

Have you guys who are booking the groups got a deal from the carrier? Usually when you book a group, depending on what numbers you set it up with, you get one person for free every 10 or so bookings. So if you want, you can use that seat for yourself and save a bit - putting that money towards the wedding, or you could give it to someone you know cannot afford to come otherwise...etc. I did not ask for ours, but maybe the carrier would split the cost of this btw all your booked guests and give them a discount? Maybe they could spread it out so everyone saves $100 or whatever it worked out to? Just a thought.

Herefishie, you might want to check and see if there is another option with Signature. You TA is probably giving you an early booking bonus price. Usually you have that option, or an option to pay 60 days before but for more money...$100+ or so. Maybe ask about that and then you can give your guests an option to choose immediate payment or later payment with higher rate. They only need their deposits to secure their space for now. i'm a TA that's why i know this ;-) I dont know your exact contract though, so i cant be of more help. Hope it works out!