Photo

Airport Proposal

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jdrewett

jdrewett
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Ryan and I have been dating since 2003. We had broke up a couple times and dated long distance a few times. Our school and jobs had taken us in different directions. I had moved to California to begin my career last August, while Ryan finished school in Texas. When I came back to visit for Christmas, I arrived on Christmas Eve. I planned to meet my mom and Ryan at the airport, change, then go to my grandparents for our traditional Christmas Eve night. The entire day while traveling, I had called my sisters, my mom, Ryan, but everything seemed normal. After a long day of traveling, I got off the plane and started aimlessly following the crowd trying to find baggage claim. I was looking up, when someone stepped in front of me...it was Ryan...in a suit...with flowers. I was shock but it didn't register he was behind the security line. I said "oh, hi baby" and gave him a hug. For a second, I just thought he was dressed up for Christmas and had the flowers to welcome me back. Then it hit me, I said "wait, how did you get back here?" I don't even remember what he said or what was going on around me, but he got down on his knee. All I remember is him saying "I love you so much. Will you marry me Jess?" I said yes, of course, and we exchanged a few hugs and kisses. As we made our way to baggage claim, I was crying and kept staring at the ring. Then I started asking questions, how did you get back here? Right before we went through the doors for baggage claim, I hesitated and it hit me...who else is here? I quickly tried to wipe my eyes and fix my hair because I had a feeling there were other people waiting. We walked out and both of our immediate families were there! My sister had a camera and apparently had been following us the entire time. My dog flew home with me, so her crate came out with one of the airline crew members shortly after. It was so great to have her there for the occasion too!

I started texting and calling people in the car and we watched the video when we got to my grandparents house. That was last Christmas. Almost a year later, we are finally going on our site visit to Mexico before our trip home to Texas.

It wasn't how I ever imagined being proposed to, but it took a lot of time and effort for Ryan to organize everything. I love how unique and thoughtful it was! I expected he would propose sometime in the year (probably after he finished school and moved to California), but had no idea how or when. I love him so much!!!
    -Jessica

#2 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Aww that's a great story!! I love that everyone was waiting! Congrats!!

#3 ddk5576

ddk5576
      • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

Awww...how great!! It is all about the timing and even though it's not how/when we think it will happen, it always ends up being perfect!! Congrats! So happy for you both!

#4 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
        • 199 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

what a lovely storey - congrats!!
          http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#5 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

cool story, congrats!

#6 Marne

Marne
            • 120 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Your story made me cry!!

#7 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

that's a really cute story!
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#8 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

that's so sweet!!!

#9 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

That is so adorable and romantic!!! I love it! :)

#10 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
                    • 512 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

What a great story - so glad you have a video of it! I am lucky enough to have a video of my proposal as well and I know you'll enjoy watching time and time again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users